Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Decrypt e-Sword bible database

5 replies to this topic

#1 allan.ramirez

allan.ramirez

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationManagua, Nicaragua

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

Hi, I am developing a desktop application written in Java, but the first step, is fill a database that contains a lot of bibles, so, filling will not be easy, copying each Book and the software will process the strings. It will be easier copying e-Sword bible databases to my database. Analizing the content on e-Sword directories I found that e-Sword is using Sqlite database, so I opened it, and each verse of the bible database that I opened are encrypted (see files attached), so I need help to try decrypt the database and copy the bible, or know the encrypt mode and/or the method.

Blessings,

Have a nice day.

Attached Files

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:40 PM

Only Rick Meyers knows how to decrypt his Bible database because he has encrypted it so that nobody can use them for other Bible programs.

(He spend much time to create the database, and he don't like it that someone copy his work in less then five minutes even it is about Bibles).

So you need another method to copy or recreate the Bibles. Here are all the Bibles without encryption.

This is also a legal issue: see the help about window of the e-Sword program.

If you try to make a Bible program then ask I that make it minimum compatible with bold, underline, italics or [ ] or grey and with line-breaks(for poetic layout) and paragraphs(line-break on the end of a verse) and semi-paragraphs (line-break at the beginning of a verse), If you can make it compatible with colours.

Edited by Katoog, 27 September 2016 - 11:47 PM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#3 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:42 PM

Premium pay modules and official e-Sword modules are encrypted. I'm afraid that you're out of luck unless you convince the module developers to give you their codes.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#4 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:37 PM

hunt around for older modules floating out on the web.  The older ones ver 7 or maybe ver 8 are not encrypted.  Therefore is not a legal issue because no encryption.

#5 GodIsGreat

GodIsGreat

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:47 PM

The apple modules are not encrypted. This includes public domain and commercial/copyrighted apple modules.

Edited by GodIsGreat, 29 September 2016 - 05:48 PM.

#6 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:29 AM

The apple modules are not encrypted. This includes public domain and commercial/copyrighted apple modules.

Yes, I think many Apple users knew it already.  ... many, including me, keep silence about it, coz don't want people abuse the materials.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users