Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Tab Updater

8 replies to this topic

#1 Marvin

Marvin

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 04:00 PM

I have been attempting to use the Tab Re-namer on my Windows 7 computer. I have e-Sword 11.0.6. The Re-namer says that it detects e-Sword 9-10 when it is started. I do not have e-Sword 9 or 10 on my computer. I attempted to re name the Hebrew Old Testament Bible into Interlinear Hebrew Old Testament or IHOT. When I do that it tells me, "Not a valid e-Sword database. (Doesn't work with e-Sword 8.)"

Am I doing sometning wrong? I understand that the Re-namer is supposed to work with e-Sword 11.

Edited by Marvin, 25 September 2016 - 04:02 PM.

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 25 September 2016 - 04:35 PM

Do you have a link to this module?

I cannot replicate the bug with this module: http://www.biblesupp...terlinear-ihot/. I also cannot replicate the bug with e-Sword's built in "Hebrew Old Testament"

To clarify the e-Sword 9-10 vs 11 "detection": The Module Renamer does not detect your version of e-Sword. The Renamer detects the version of e-Sword your module was created for. e-Sword 9-10 modules are RTF format and e-Sword 11 is the HTML format, which matters to the Renamer only because of database schema changes.

#3 Marvin

Marvin

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:37 PM

I did not have the ihot link. Thank you. That solves my primary problem.

Thank's also for the explanation about the e-Sword 9-10 modles. That helps my understanding.

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:40 PM

What module were you using to receive the e-Sword 8 error. Were you trying to use an e-Sword 8 module? I ask only to make sure there's not an e-Sword 9-11 module that "breaks" the Tab Renamer.

#5 Marvin

Marvin

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:09 AM

The only module that I have on my computer is e-Sword 11.0.6. I slso have e-Sword Hotkey and e-Sword Module Installer. I have no other programs installed that I can think of related to e-Sword. I am using a new computer (a tower) that I purchased a few months ago so H don't have it cluttered with a bunch of extra stuff yet. I am operating with Windows 7.

Edited by Marvin, 28 September 2016 - 08:15 AM.

#6 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:33 AM

The only module that I have on my computer is e-Sword 11.0.6. I slso have e-Sword Hotkey and e-Sword Module Installer. I have no other programs installed that I can think of related to e-Sword. I am using a new computer (a tower) that I purchased a few months ago so H don't have it cluttered with a bunch of extra stuff yet. I am operating with Windows 7.

Modules are the various bibles, commentaries, maps etc that can be installed into E-sword so the question which of those type of modules were you renaming??

#7 Marvin

Marvin

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:19 PM

The only module that I have tried to change the name on is the Hebrew Study Bible which is bblx.

#8 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:59 PM

The only module that I have tried to change the name on is the Hebrew Study Bible which is bblx.

Marvin, how can I get a copy of this Bible? Can you give me the exact name of the Bible or the location to where you downloaded it, so I can get a copy and replicate the problem?

#9 Marvin

Marvin

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:18 PM

I apologize for inaccurately naming the Bible that I was working with. I was trying to change the name of the Hebrew Study Bible. You can find it right here on e-Sword Users. Take the one for use in Bibles.

Edited by Marvin, 29 September 2016 - 12:18 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users