Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

T4 Question ("Save As..." .pdf)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 04:16 PM

Hi, Brent,

I'm using an older version of T4 (2.31 - should I be embarrassed?) and tried for the first time ever to turn a module into a .pdf file. I went to the file menu, chose "Save As" and then .pdf. It created the file - but when I used Adobe Acrobat reader to look at it, there were only blank pages. I've attached the .pdf to this post.

Any recommendations on what might be wrong?

Attached Files

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 04:40 PM

Hi, Brent,

I'm using an older version of T4 (2.31 - should I be embarrassed?) and tried for the first time ever to turn a module into a .pdf file. I went to the file menu, chose "Save As" and then .pdf. It created the file - but when I used Adobe Acrobat reader to look at it, there were only blank pages. I've attached the .pdf to this post.

Any recommendations on what might be wrong?

Alright this is weird when I open the file using the PDF reader in my chrome browser it actually works correctly, although with blurry text. However it will not open correctly in Adobe Reader??

#3 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:09 PM

Dave Hi

do you OCR software if so run the oringinal through it save as pdf

If not send the original i will run it

I tried to test your uploaded file but its to small for my OCR,  never had that message before

as Tj Higgins stated it does opoen in a browsers pdf

DSaw

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#4 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:36 PM

Thanks, guys.

DSaw, I'm working on a project for a Bible Institute. The fella wants to .pdf some modules. I'm looking into how to do it. So, the short of it is, I don't want just one; I want to learn how to do it digitally.

I could always tell him to buy a flatbed OCR machine, but there has got to be a way to do this digitally. T4 should be able to do this with one click....

Dave

#5 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:03 PM

Ok I went another course I entered text into T4 and saved it as a pdf and adobe reader opened it and the text was visable

Maybe up grade to the latest T4 and try it

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#6 GodIsGreat

GodIsGreat

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:09 PM

Why not save the RTF file in Tooltip NT. Then Open it in a word processor--any word processor--even free ones have PDF capabilities now.

Edited by GodIsGreat, 22 September 2016 - 08:09 PM.

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 22 September 2016 - 09:49 PM

Hi Dave,

I use Foxit Reader. Eats Adobe Reader all the time. Oops, I mean "BEATS" Adobe reader all the time. :P

X (formerly Twitter)

#8 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:46 AM

Note for Brent:

I've upgraded and did some more work. I think I may have found a bug. I've got a couple of .rtf files that will not convert into .pdfs - either from the original .rtf file, nor from the module. Yet I am able to produce .pdfs from other titles.

Do you want to diagnose this?

Dave

#9 GodIsGreat

GodIsGreat

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:52 AM

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but almost any word processor can output PDF and include an automated table of contents/bookmarks. The bookmarks or table of contents in a pdf could match the Tooltip marker signs ÷. The ÷ could be translated to table of contents and they are already in your text. It would be easier, less buggy and a better finished product.

Edited by GodIsGreat, 23 September 2016 - 10:53 AM.

#10 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:46 AM

Hey, GodisGreat,

Yes, you do sound like a broken record. :)

If Tooltip "saves as..." a .pdf file, and it doesn't consistently work, it needs to be fixed. When BusyBrent gets to this, it'll get fixed. Brent is good. (And if it doesn't need to be fixed, it will be I just need to be edu-ma-cated, which is probably the case here.)

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users