Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Egalitarian Resources

2 replies to this topic

#1 adiel1983

adiel1983

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLake Forest, CA

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:31 PM

Does anyone know of any e-sword modules that fit into the category of Egalitarian?  Just curious, cause I find that most resources here definitely don't fall into the egalitarian category.

#2 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:45 PM

I had to look this up. Here is a wikipedia article for those unfamiliar with egalitarianism.

adiel, not only is this site a conservative, evangelical site; it also focuses on materials that are in the public domain. The vast majority of available resources for modules were originally written in 1922 or earlier, with a few from 1963 and earlier. Mainstream egalitarianism is more recent than that. The result is that it's writings are still under copyright.

I seriously doubt you'll find anything like that here.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#3 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 22 September 2016 - 09:53 AM

I agree with Doctor Dave.  Most of the resources are produced in the late 80's including now so they would be still in copyright.  you would have to go to their webistes to get "THEIR INTERPRETATION" on the texts.  However, The Biblical manhood and Womanhood site has a free book that deals with this issue with thorough studies on the same texts.  http://cbmw.org/topi...hood-womanhood/

search studies on 1Tim 2:11-15  by Köstenberger, Andreas Johannes https://www.google.c...15 Köstenberger

Köstenberger gives evidence for oude (greek for neither, nor) as only 2 negs or 2 pos and no support for neg/pos.  Therefore the present tense verbs (infinitives) to have authority and to teach must be all neg or all pos.  I tested his research in the NT and LXX but you will need logos, BW, or Gramcord to the grammatical searches.  I do not lie or make up some imaginary story.

Finally people believe whatever they want on 2nd coming, baptism, salvation, role of woman, spiritual gifts etc. regardless what the word says.  I would disagree with Dr. Dave that it is not a conservative v. liberal  but a church issue.

If someone wants to post Egalitarian works they would have to get permission form copyright holders and build the modules themselves the same as other types of christian works copyrighted or not.  This can be plainly seen in the module requests forum.  Therefore do not think the site suppresses such works.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users