Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Where to locate downloads in Esword

6 replies to this topic

#1 HHC

HHC

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 05:36 AM

I downloaded and installed a lot of content to my PC and Tablet.  When I go to e-sword I can't find any of it. Please Help.

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:23 PM

I downloaded and installed a lot of content to my PC and Tablet.  When I go to e-sword I can't find any of it. Please Help.

All downloads from the e-Sword download manager are downloaded to C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword on all 64 bit Windows. On Windows 32 (x86) bit machines, the default download folder is C:\Program Files\e-Sword.

All resources from this site which are in exe installers, the Default installation folder is the same as above.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:09 PM

Unless, of course, they downloaded them from this site and were not using the installer, in which case they will be patiently waiting in their download directory along with the "exe" files. In  that case, they will need to move the files  to the e-sword directory manually.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:33 PM

Unless, of course, they downloaded them from this site and were not using the installer, in which case they will be patiently waiting in their download directory along with the "exe" files. In  that case, they will need to move the files  to the e-sword directory manually.

Hi Tim,

All that is a given.

One of the things I missed before, and I think that this also needs to be said.

If one has changed the default resource path from C:\Programs Files (x86)\e-Sword (Win 64 bit) or C:\Program Files\e-Sword (Win 32 bit) to either a another drive/partition, or totally somewhere else on the main HDD/SSD, like I have, e-Sword will pick it up and download it to that location. But, and this is really important: when it comes to the installers, they will still show the default installation path of e-Sword itself, and therefore that has to be changed. Notice the screenshots of what I have done in that regard.

Resource Installers.jpg

I trust this will help even further.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 19 September 2016 - 07:37 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 NyAina

NyAina

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 06:58 AM

Hiii,,, the file you've downloaded are located to C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

#6 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 06 January 2024 - 01:12 AM

Rick Meyers, the developer of e-Sword, explains why the files may be saved in an unexpected place, on the Windows PC. This was his reply in a personal email.

Windows places files into a "Virtual Store" folder if it doesn't have the proper permissions to place them into the e-Sword program directory. These files will appear within e-Sword as if they were where they belong, but when you look in the e-Sword program directory they are not actually there.

You will need to Google for instructions on locating the "Virtual Store" folder for your particular version of Windows. Once you locate that folder you can move the Bibles and other resources into the actual e-Sword program directory.

The permissions "fix" is to set the "Security" on the e-Sword program directory (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword\) to allow the "Everyone" account Full Control.

In His service,

Rick Meyers
https://www.e-sword.net/)
e-Sword for Android (https://www.e-sword.net/android/)
e-Sword X for the Mac (https://www.e-sword.net/mac/)
e-Sword HD for the iPad (https://www.e-sword.net/ipad/)
e-Sword LT for the iPhone (https://www.e-sword.net/iphone/)

the Sword of the LORD with an electronic edge
NOTE: Depending on the username in which you login to the PC today, this may be in a different C:\users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword
Try to remember to login on the same user, to your PC, which you used when you set up e-Sword.
Browse to the folder into which the files ought to be downloaded. View the "Properties" of the directory folder, looking at Property, "security", to see who is allowed to acces that folder, and to access the contents with specific options allowed.

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 06 January 2024 - 11:21 AM.

#7 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 06 January 2024 - 01:34 AM

RIck Meyers also says: 

You can host your user files wherever you like, even the cloud.  Just copy the files to the new location, then update the "User Files Location" path to the directory that contains all of your user files.

A printer driver is needed for the editor control we use.  A physical printer is not needed, but you should at least have an "Adobe PDF" printer set up.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users