Jump to content

Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Greek Fonts do not display properly


5 replies to this topic

#1 Theologien

Theologien

    New to Bible Support

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGrenoble France
Offline

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:51 PM

Sorry if this is redundant, but a 30 minute search did not turn up anything on this issue.  My computer crashed a couple of months ago and I just recently reloaded e-sword. It works nicely, but I am having a problem with the greek fonts for the NA greek text displaying in greek. I get a form of ascii type symbols, no greek. I have about six fonts loaded on my computer, and none work. Hebrew works fine, but no matter what I do, I can't get a greek font to display.

 

I run windows 10, and greek works every where else, including Logos and Olive Tree. Any help?

 

theologien



#2 Theologien

Theologien

    New to Bible Support

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGrenoble France
Offline

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:07 PM

Okay, I removed the module and reloaded it, did nothing, same problem. I loaded the SBL text and it read fine. Must be something in the NA 26-27 text.



#3 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

    e-Sword Fanatic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Offline

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:31 PM

Okay, I removed the module and reloaded it, did nothing, same problem. I loaded the SBL text and it read fine. Must be something in the NA 26-27 text.

 

The module may require a special font setting in E-sword in order for the greek to display properly. In E-sword click Options and drop down menu will appear from that menu click fonts and you will see what the different fonts are for different languages. The default font for Greek is called Titus Cyberbit Basic



#4 pwintermute

pwintermute

    New to Bible Support

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIrvine, California USA
Offline

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:47 AM

I just updated e-Sword to from ver. 10 to 11 on my Windows 10 PC. I now find that the Greek characters in my Nestle-Aland 26th/27th edition bible no longer display properly. I changed the Greek font in e-Sword to Titus Cyberbit Basic (per TJ Higgins' suggestion above) and then re-launched e-Sword, but it made no difference. Any suggestions on how I might fix this problem? Thx.


Edited by pwintermute, 03 October 2016 - 11:59 AM.


#5 JPG

JPG

    Bug Hunter

  • Moderators
  • 953 posts
Offline

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:23 PM

I fixed the module and Josh Bond uploaded it a while back, so you will need to update yours.

 

Jon



#6 pwintermute

pwintermute

    New to Bible Support

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIrvine, California USA
Offline

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:34 PM

I installed the revised module (version 1.1) from "http://www.biblesupp...ctuationbblxexe" and now everything works fine again. Thank you very much!





Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users




Similar Topics



Latest Blogs