Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Can't find/access download

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:03 PM

I downloaded and installed the Oswald Chambers file but can't figure how to read it. I don't see it listed in any of the four standard windows and haven't found it in the reference library. I looked in Program Files (x86)/e-Sword and there, plain as day, is "My Utmost for His Highest.devx" without quotes, of course.

Can someone tell an old man how to read/use/access/whatever this? As always, many TIA!

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:16 PM

That's a devotional.

Tools > Daily Devotional

#3 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:16 PM

Tools - Daily Devotions

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#4 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:17 PM

LOL delete mine Josh 

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#5 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:30 PM

Thanks, Josh and DSaw! It was there all the time...ALONG WITH FIVE OTHERS! I had DL'd and installed these over the years but had never used any of them.

I've mainly just used e-Sword for daily Bible reading, Bible study, and note-taking.

I now have Utmost checked to display at startup so that the old man won't forget. <grin>

#6 tsevertsen

tsevertsen

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:46 PM

After the file is downloaded in downloads file or the file you choose they then need to be setup.  The setup saves them in program files.  But then finding a program that will open a REFX file is tricky because I have not found one.  If you find such a program please tell me and include the website address for the down load of the program that will open the REFX file.

#7 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

After the file is downloaded in downloads file or the file you choose they then need to be setup.  The setup saves them in program files.  But then finding a program that will open a REFX file is tricky because I have not found one.  If you find such a program please tell me and include the website address for the down load of the program that will open the REFX file.

REFX files are Reference "Books"  If you go to the row of Icons that allow you to select Bible, Commentary, Dictionary , E for editor...Journal Study notes and Topic Notes, next comes Graphics Viewer for maps and such, and last but far from least Reference Library where the REFX Reference Books are hidden.  The Reference Library reader works very much like the Topic Notes reader.

Hope this helps

Tim 

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#8 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:50 AM

the files with REFX is opened by the program called eSword that can be found here

http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

install then follow Tim's instructions

DSaw

#9 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:00 PM

I keep forgetting that we deal with Mysword and Pocket e-Sword files too. 

I am constantly amazed at the variety of file types e-Sword handles.  Bibles, Commentaries, Dictionaries, Harmonies, Devotionals, Prayer (list organizer), Bible reading plans, memory verse, graphics, Step files, sermon audio, Reference .....And I probably missed a couple.  It certainly takes a while to learn where the contols for all of them are.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#10 BaptistBibleBeliever

BaptistBibleBeliever

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:07 PM

I downloaded Spurgeon's Proverbs but can't find it in commentaries (or anywhere else). It stated that it successfully installed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users