Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Study Notes Question

3 replies to this topic

#1 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNaples, Florida 34120

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:53 AM

I understand topic and study notes that we have available. What I am looking for is a way to make a marking that lets me see that there is a note to that particular word or scripture.

Also, is there a way to make that note appear as a pop up that it can be viewed?

Thank you for your time,

Mitch

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#2 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:58 PM

Read Chapter 10 of the e-Sword User's Manual - click help in the top main e-Sword menu and then contents. Study Notes is what you want to use if you want to make notes on specific portions of Scripture. You use the Study Notes Editor to make the note while clicked on the Scripture you want to write about. Save your note and a wavy line shows up under the Scripture reference in the Bible Window. The Study Note you made is now available each time you click that particlular Scripture reference. I hope this helps you.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#3 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:58 PM

Jmloy,

Navigate the Bible window to the book, chapter and verse on which you wish to make a note. Click in the editor window and make sure you're on the Study Notes tab. Type and save your note. Go to the next or previous chapter, then back to where you saved the note. On e-Sword v11.0.6, you'll now see a double underline under the verse number in the Bible window! I think it was indeed a wavy underline on earlier versions. I'm using Windoze 10, so perhaps that is why I see the double underline instead. Either way, whenever you see any verse number underlined in whatever manner, that's your clue that you have a note or notes on that verse. Click on that verse number and said note/s will appear in the note/editor window. You can edit or delete any portion of that or any other note at any time. Effectively, you're building and maintaining your own personal commentary on any verse. Cool, huh?

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:18 PM

I understand topic and study notes that we have available. What I am looking for is a way to make a marking that lets me see that there is a note to that particular word or scripture.

Also, is there a way to make that note appear as a pop up that it can be viewed?

Thank you for your time,

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

One picture paints a thousand words. Take a look at the screenshot of my e-Sword, and from there you will be able to see how you can know where your study notes are:

e-s_All 1030.PNG

I hope that helps.

Blessings,
Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 24 August 2016 - 03:20 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users