Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Merging Bibel Verse Notes in Mysword

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 surrounded3

surrounded3

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 02:34 AM

Hi there,

I would like to merge my notes for the bible verses in Mysword from my phone with the ones from my tablet without loosing any. 

Is there any way of doing so?

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks Lisa

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:18 PM

Hi there,

I would like to merge my notes for the bible verses in Mysword from my phone with the ones from my tablet without loosing any. 

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks Lisa

OK, depending on the brand of your droid devices (phone and tablet), yes you can. If you happen to have a Samsung S4 to S7 phone, and a Samsung Galaxy Note tablet, then you shouldn't have any problems with them at all.

These devices read as an external removable drive on a Windows PC, and all you need to do is drag and drop from any files from one Device on to your PC, and then from your PC to the Device you want it on.

The notes file you want to copy over is, versenotes.mybible which is found in your MySword/Notes folder in your devices. Just open the My Files app and then tap on Device Storage, and then scroll down to you MySword folder, and then go to your Notes folder, and from there you should be OK.

Below is a Screenshot of how you can transfer files from your mobile device to your PC using Windows File Explorer

MySword in Mobile Device Shown in File Explore .jpg

And a Screenshot of one of my Mobile devices running on my PC using Side Sync.

e-Sword & MySword Side by Side - Phone.jpg

I trust the information is helpful to you.

Blessings,
Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 surrounded3

surrounded3

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:54 AM

Many thanks for your reply!!

Actually I would like to MERGE both verse notes from both devices with each other. So to have one complete verse note file consisting verse notes from my phone and tablet WITHOUT loosing any verse notes. 

Thanks for your help. 

Best Lisa

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:45 PM

Actually I would like to MERGE both verse notes from both devices with each other. So to have one complete verse note file consisting verse notes from my phone and tablet WITHOUT loosing any verse notes. 

Thanks for your help. 

Best Lisa

Hi Lisa,
If you mean by merge that your devices share the same resource location so that it can access your versenotes.mybible file, I'm sorry to say, that cannot be done. Having just tested to see if one one can access the cloud (which would be really a great place to put one's resources on) and be accessed from MySword, I found that the program doesn't have that capability.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:58 PM

Hi there,

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks Lisa

Thanks for your help. 

Best Lisa

Hi Lisa

I know of no simple way to merge your notes

but you can print the notes you have on one device and then manually enter the notes on the other (voice Recognition) may help with that. then copy that file to the other device 

EDIT NOTE: there is a limitation on the length of a note after searching look for notes with view more these wwill have to be done individuality or with the share icon green eye looking thing

on the notes section of the device with the least notes on it search notes but DO NOT enter anything in the search then tap the search icon.  All your notes will display (make sure you do not exceed you set limit if you have donated you can make this limit larger) you will have to do this on both devices to see witch one has the least notes print it out or copy to email and send to device that can print

Hopefully someone will have a quicker way

If you then want to keep this file synced it can be done But as APsit said Not through MySword

It is a little involved depending on your skill level but the more you do it the better and quicker you will be

It consists of coping  the notes file to dropbox then loading that file and overwrighting the devices MySword note file with the dropbox file making additional notes then copying that devices MySword note file back to dropbox  (You will need to always copy the MySword note file back to Dropbox.)

Let me know if this is also something you want to do I will give more detail

DSaw

P.S. I am compiling a list of features that I would like for MySword and will be sending it to the MySword team a More advanced Backup system is number one 

Edited by DSaw, 23 August 2016 - 06:07 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#6 surrounded3

surrounded3

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:31 AM

Many thanks for yor reply DSAW!!

its a really helpful way of doing so and will try it out.

Best 

Lisa

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:07 PM

I'll have a go at emailing the dudes at MySword and see if they could add in a cloud access feature in their next update to the program.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

X (formerly Twitter)

#8 lewiej

lewiej

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:51 AM

Try this: copy the notes from the first device and paste them into a draft email. Then open the email draft in the other device, copy and paste where you want them. Will save retyping. This assumes you have email accessibility on both devices.

Lew

I forgot to give credit for this procedure to EarlMelton who gave it to me for transferring notes from e-sword to MySword. Thanks Earl!

Edited by lewiej, 28 August 2016 - 11:09 AM.

#9 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:42 PM

Yes that would save time 

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users