Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Help editing an e-sword bible

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 entrprze

entrprze

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

POPULAR

I want to edit any bible (preferably KJ) because I do not like the fact the word "wineskins" was replaced with bottles, and the words "wheat" and "grain" were replaced with corn, even in the KJV 1611. Its become nonsensical the way its phrased ..."a corn of wheat" makes no sense at all

Joh_12:24  Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Is supposed to read

Joh_12:24  Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a grain of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Also Isaiah 11:6 and Isaiah 65:25 has changed from the lion laying with the lamb, to the wolf dwelling with the lamb.

Isa_11:6  The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb

Is supposed to read

Isa_11:6  The lion also shall lay with the lamb

I tried ToolTip Tool NT, to no avail. I get an error message in e-sword after editing

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:20 PM

Hi

Download one of the kjv bibles from this site. Open tool tip tool nt. Click on module - read bible. Then you should able to edit the bible.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:44 AM

entrprze I made a topic for you.

http://www.biblesupp...ism/#entry28634

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#4 entrprze

entrprze

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:57 PM

Hi

Download one of the kjv bibles from this site. Open tool tip tool nt. Click on module - read bible. Then you should able to edit the bible.

Thanks

I tried that, I get an error message in tool tip tool nt when trying to open the bible I got from here. So I tried to open it with notepad and that worked, but after making and saving the changes E-sword gave me an error message when I tried to select that bible.

#5 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:40 AM

I tried that, I get an error message in tool tip tool nt when trying to open the bible I got from here. So I tried to open it with notepad and that worked, but after making and saving the changes E-sword gave me an error message when I tried to select that bible.

The bible modules have to be processed through ToolTip in order to work in E-Sword, you might try the following trick however:

Rename the file you saved in notepad and then try and open it in Tooltip, opening bible module in tooltip takes a couple minutes for as tooltip has to read the entire module into it self

#6 entrprze

entrprze

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:44 AM

Testing

Edited by entrprze, 20 August 2016 - 11:46 AM.

#7 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:56 AM

ALL of the official modules obtained through the down-loader in e-Sword are encrypted. You can not edit them directly or otherwise.

That was why it was suggested to get a version from this web site. It will, most likely, not be encrypted.

How to edit them (or rather what application to use to edit them).

DO NOT use notepad. That is an ASCII editor and your Bible modules are not simple ASCII files.

1) Use ToolTip NT as suggested. This will require you to re-build the file once the edit is complete.

2) Use a SQL tool such as SQLIte Browser ( I use this myself). This will allow you to edit the verse text directly, save the record. Thats it. You do not have to rebuild the file at all.

3) Use a HEX-Editor. This will allow you to directly edit the file also, the same as SQLite, BUT, a hex editor can be dangerous. You can quickly, and easily damage a file beyond repair and not even know you did so untill you open it. Then good luck finding out what it was you changed and shouldn't have.

For what you want to do, I would recommend #2, SQLite Browser.

Attached File  Edit eSword Bible in SQLite.jpg   104.7K   61 downloads

#8 entrprze

entrprze

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:01 PM

ALL of the official modules obtained through the down-loader in e-Sword are encrypted. You can not edit them directly or otherwise.

That was why it was suggested to get a version from this web site. It will, most likely, not be encrypted.

How to edit them (or rather what application to use to edit them).

DO NOT use notepad. That is an ASCII editor and your Bible modules are not simple ASCII files.

1) Use ToolTip NT as suggested. This will require you to re-build the file once the edit is complete.

2) Use a SQL tool such as SQLIte Browser ( I use this myself). This will allow you to edit the verse text directly, save the record. Thats it. You do not have to rebuild the file at all.

3) Use a HEX-Editor. This will allow you to directly edit the file also, the same as SQLite, BUT, a hex editor can be dangerous. You can quickly, and easily damage a file beyond repair and not even know you did so untill you open it. Then good luck finding out what it was you changed and shouldn't have.

For what you want to do, I would recommend #2, SQLite Browser.

attachicon.gifEdit eSword Bible in SQLite.jpg

OK, ill try that and see if it works, thanks

#9 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:28 PM

I'd go one step further: All official e-Sword resources you cannot edit them at all. Below is a screenshot that tells you why.

Cannot be Edited.jpg

Due to all official being secured as read only, they have been blobbed out.

Blessings,
Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#10 entrprze

entrprze

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:54 PM

The bible modules have to be processed through ToolTip in order to work in E-Sword, you might try the following trick however:

Rename the file you saved in notepad and then try and open it in Tooltip, opening bible module in tooltip takes a couple minutes for as tooltip has to read the entire module into it self

Thanks Tj, Ill try that. One way or the other Ill get this done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users