Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How to convert a .bblx file not listed in e-Sword downloader to the new hml format

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Grace

Grace

Liking e-Sword

• Members (T)
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:40 AM

I am interested in using the American Standard Version-Second Edition.bblx in version 11.0.5 (pc). Is there a conversion tool available?  BibleSupport.com offers this bible, but it is not listed in the ver. 11.0.5 downloader.

Grace

1 Cor. 15:10a

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:44 AM

The conversion tool is on this page at the bottom.

http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:29 PM

I am interested in using the American Standard Version-Second Edition.bblx in version 11.0.5 (pc). Is there a conversion tool available?  BibleSupport.com offers this bible, but it is not listed in the ver. 11.0.5 downloader.

Grace

1 Cor. 15:10a

The ASV is a free official resource, and the new HTML type as a bblx file, and can be downloaded from you e-Sword download manager. All resources seen in the download manager dated 17/06/2016 or whatever date format you have on your PC are in the new format for e-Sword 11x.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:38 PM

Grace wants to convert a module ASV second edition, which is from biblesupport.com

http://www.biblesupp...on-2nd-edition/

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:22 PM

If you convert the module to the HTML format, you can view it on the iPad/iPhone. But it will not change your experience on the PC version of e-Sword.

#6 GWSwordUser

GWSwordUser

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationSouth Sioux City, NE, USA

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:42 PM

Now I'm confused. I have been using version 10.4 and so all of my modules are of the bblx, cmtx, etc. variety. Previously I had also successfully used Rick Meyer's conversion tool to create bbli versions for my IPod Touch and e-Sword Light. When I go to the Downloads section of e-Sword and download a revised version of a Bible with a date of 6/17/2017 I get a bblx file. As Josh said, I see no difference, no added benefits such as is described on the Home page of biblesupport.com. ("Because the modules are now HTML based a lot more can happen with the presentation (i.e. poetry line breaks), and content (i.e. links). Module creators can use stylings in creative ways to produce new results in e-Sword.") And the Home page says that my PC version 11 can read bbli modules. Why would I use those if bblx works fine and bblx file is an HTML type?

Which file type should I have in my PC resource folder? Will I be able to see any of the presentation, content and stylings with any of these? If not, what advantages are there to the latest version? (Can I edit the headings in the Periscope feature?)

#7 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:03 PM

Now I'm confused. I have been using version 10.4 and so all of my modules are of the bblx, cmtx, etc. variety. Previously I had also successfully used Rick Meyer's conversion tool to create bbli versions for my IPod Touch and e-Sword Light. When I go to the Downloads section of e-Sword and download a revised version of a Bible with a date of 6/17/2017 I get a bblx file. As Josh said, I see no difference, no added benefits such as is described on the Home page of biblesupport.com. ("Because the modules are now HTML based a lot more can happen with the presentation (i.e. poetry line breaks), and content (i.e. links). Module creators can use stylings in creative ways to produce new results in e-Sword.") And the Home page says that my PC version 11 can read bbli modules. Why would I use those if bblx works fine and bblx file is an HTML type?

Which file type should I have in my PC resource folder? Will I be able to see any of the presentation, content and stylings with any of these? If not, what advantages are there to the latest version? (Can I edit the headings in the Periscope feature?)

One benefit is you can download Mac or Apple modules and run them on the PC version of E-Sword. Another benefit is that the html format allows for tooltipping in bible modules which was not doable in the older file format. 

Here are other benefits of the new format:

he new module format has also introduced a new Lexicon module type.

There is a new Pericope feature which places section headings throughout the Bible. This feature can be turned on/off by selecting "Options > Display Pericope" from the e-Sword menu.

(Note Preicope feature is not editable you can turn it off though 

The Copy Verses feature has been expanded with an option to include the Lexicon definition for Strong's numbers in any Bible with them.

There is a new Morphology popup tooltip for any Bibles that include these grammatical parts of speech codes.

The new Reference Book modules now adapt to the user-defined font settings as the other module types do.

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:48 PM

One benefit is you can download Mac or Apple modules and run them on the PC version of E-Sword. Another benefit is that the html format allows for tooltipping in bible modules which was not doable in the older file format. 

Here are other benefits of the new format:

he new module format has also introduced a new Lexicon module type.

There is a new Pericope feature which places section headings throughout the Bible. This feature can be turned on/off by selecting "Options > Display Pericope" from the e-Sword menu.

(Note Preicope feature is not editable you can turn it off though 

The Copy Verses feature has been expanded with an option to include the Lexicon definition for Strong's numbers in any Bible with them.

There is a new Morphology popup tooltip for any Bibles that include these grammatical parts of speech codes.

The new Reference Book modules now adapt to the user-defined font settings as the other module types do.

And with that, you now have real interoperability between the different platforms of e-Sword.

Although one can read HTML coded topic/study/journal notes from e-Sword HD, LT, and X in e-Sword 11x for Windows; however when these notes are created in e-Sword 11x editors, they still use RTF code, and they still have to be converted to able to be used in the other e-Sword platforms. So, with that, the interoperability between e-Sword platforms isn't quite 100%. Only about maybe 96 or 97%, give or take 2 or 3%.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#9 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:42 PM

Simply converting a module to HTML format does not change the module's presentation. Nothing new will appear. Because e-Sword now supports HTML, this gives module makers more choices when they create content. For example, a Bible translation can now show cross references to other verses. But that won't appear just by converting the module to HTML. The module creator would have to do it. 

Since e-Sword is backwards compatible with the older RTF standard, it doesn't matter which module type you use. There's no advantage to converting all of your modules to the HTML format (a few exceptions for search-ability of foreign language material). Eventually, all modules on this site will be in HTML format just to avoid hosting multiple versions of the same module for different platforms.

Also, no you cannot edit the Pericope text or control the color or positioning, other than to turn it on/off. And turning it on presently breaks any highlighting/underlining you made before turning it on. And after you turn it on and and make highlights and then turn it off, the highlighting is again broken.

Edited by Josh Bond, 15 August 2016 - 05:50 PM.
Clarify foreign language material

#10 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:40 PM

The reason why some RTF modules are not compatible with e-sword 11 is because it is more sensitive for refuting bad formatting errors as open RTF tags (bold,italics,underline,superscript  and colour) and old methods to create Non-Latin script.

For the module creators: use first Tooltip tool NT 2.76

If Tooltip tool NT 2.76 can not read the module then are there bad formatting errors.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users