Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

2016 ESV Permanent Text Edition

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:00 PM

ESV was updated to the 2016 version for e-Sword on the 30-9-2016

Jon

True but for those who have not yet downloaded the new version, the newest older version is the 2011 version, someone one here posted that they had a 2001 ESV module for E-sword. I also have the ESV module and while it says "Copyright 2001" it contains both the 2007 and 2011 text changes, thus it is actually the 2011 version of the ESV and not the either 2001 or 2007 edition.

#22 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:14 PM

Yes I know. Question still remains regarding where I might find ESV (2007).

I am not sure where you might find an ESV 2007 module but you could possibly create one by editing an existing ESV module if it can be opened in Tooltip NT 

Edited by Tj Higgins, 03 October 2016 - 02:15 PM.

#23 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:13 PM

esv.ontx version 1.3 for theWord is the 2007 version.

The Crosswire version  1.0.1 is the 2001 version.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#24 GWSwordUser

GWSwordUser

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationSouth Sioux City, NE, USA

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:35 AM

True but for those who have not yet downloaded the new version, the newest older version is the 2011 version, someone one here posted that they had a 2001 ESV module for E-sword. I also have the ESV module and while it says "Copyright 2001" it contains both the 2007 and 2011 text changes, thus it is actually the 2011 version of the ESV and not the either 2001 or 2007 edition.

I see what you mean Tj. I was mistaken about which text I have. I have the same as you then, the 2011 text. Oh well. The other suggestion about renaming the tab first worked and I have both in my lineup of Bibles now.

Gary

#25 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:41 PM

Just to update this thread...

The ESV Permanent Text is now available to download from the e-Sword Download Manager. I just updated this translation this morning (17/10/2016 8.30am NZ DST [New Zealand Daylight Saving Time]).

From the Information dialog of the ESV Permanent Text Edition

©2001 Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. All rights reserved.
This publication contains The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®, copyright ©2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. ESV® Permanent Text Edition® (2016). The ESV® text has been reproduced in cooperation with and by permission of Good News Publishers. Unauthorized reproduction of this publication is prohibited.
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version (ESV) is adapted from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
English Standard Version, ESV, and the ESV logo are registered trademarks of Good News Publishers. Used by permission.
The ESV text may be quoted (in written, visual, or electronic form) up to and inclusive of one thousand (1,000) verses without express written permission of the publisher, providing that the verses quoted do not amount to a complete book of the Bible nor do the verses quoted account for 50 percent or more of the total text of the work in which they are quoted.
The ESV text may be quoted for audio use (audio cassettes, CDs, audio television) up to two hundred fifty (250) verses without express written permission of the publisher providing that the verses quoted do not amount to a complete book of the Bible nor do the verses quoted account for 50 percent or more of the total text of the work in which they are quoted.
Notice of copyright must appear as follows on the title page or copyright page of printed works quoting from the ESV, or in a corresponding location when the ESV is quoted in other media:
“Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright ©2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.”
When more than one translation is quoted in printed works or other media, the foregoing notice of copyright should begin as follows:
“Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are from . . . [etc.]”; or,
“Scripture quotations marked (ESV) are from . . . [etc.].”
The “ESV” and “English Standard Version” are registered trademarks of Good News Publishers. Use of either trademark requires the permission of Good News Publishers.
When quotations from the ESV text are used in non-saleable media, such as church bulletins, orders of service, posters, transparencies, or similar media, a complete copyright notice is not required, but the initials (ESV) must appear at the end of the quotation.
Publication of any commentary or other Bible reference work produced for commercial sale that uses the English Standard Version must include written permission for use of the ESV text.
Permission requests that exceed the above guidelines must be directed to Good News Publishers, Attn: Bible Rights, 1300 Crescent Street, Wheaton, IL 60187, USA.
Permission requests for use within the UK and EU that exceed the above guidelines must be directed to HarperCollins Religious, 77-85 Fulham Palace Road, Hammersmith, London W6 8JB, England.
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version (ESV) is adapted from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Good News Publishers (including Crossway Bibles) is a not-for-profit organization that exists solely for the purpose of publishing the good news of the gospel and the truth of God’s Word, the Bible.

Make a suggestion before downloading this edition.

Move your current version of the ESV to another folder, i.e., your e-Sword work folder in your (My) Documents folder, and then download the new edition. After that, either using an SQLite tool or the Tab Renamer tool, rename the Tab from ESV to either ESVPT or ESV2016, or ESV16, and also rename the file to match the new Tab name. And then finally move the older edition of the ESV back into your e-Sword Program folder. This way you will be able to compare the new edition with the older one.

Trust this information is helpful to you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 16 October 2016 - 01:53 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#26 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:59 PM

I have one ESV2016 tagged with Strong's no. for e-Sword, not sure if ok to upload here.

#27 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:04 PM

I have one ESV2016 tagged with Strong's no. for e-Sword, not sure if ok to upload here.

Hi Eliran,

Because the ESV is copyright, and (going by the looks of it) because you don't have permission to distribute either for free or to sell it, you can't upload it here, or anywhere else.

That said, let me suggest you email it to Rick Meyers and have him to put it up on his server, and then we can download it from there. Rick Meyers would have that permission from the gang at ESV to distribute it for free. That way you keep it all kosher.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#28 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

I had already contacted Rick about this.   Please see my reply at:

http://www.biblesupp...etc/#entry29193

I will refine the file and send to Rick for him to distribute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users