Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What's Still Broken As Of e-Sword 11.06?

126 replies to this topic

#81 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:25 AM

Make sure you have some selected in 'Options' -> Compare

#82 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:10 PM

My compare works fine with the parameters given.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#83 RonColling

RonColling

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:36 PM

I have all the versions selected for compare.  It's probably simple, but, again, it works fine for any Old Testament verses, but shows up blank for New Testament verses.  It's always worked fine -- until I went to version 11.

Thanks for looking at it.

#84 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:56 PM

Ron Colling,

Below is a screenshot of my e-Sword v11.0.6 on Win-10 with the Bible window maximized, and, as you can see, the Compare button depressed. I see no problem. Perhaps I don't fully understand the problem you're having?

† Earl

Dagnabbit, I uploaded the wrong image. Let me see if I can delete it and find the right one.

2nd edit: Apparently, I had, at some earlier time, uploaded a screenshot to my Media Files/Media Folder, or something of the sort. I need to delete one that I earlier attached to this reply, but don't even know how to get to the folder/file/whatever. I'm wanting to upload a screenshot, but apparently, the website does not allow me to simply attach a file from my hard drive. At least I can't find the usual paperclip icon to do so. Can somebody please help a feeble-minded old man? Thanks!

Edited by EarlMelton, 16 January 2017 - 04:19 PM.

#85 RonColling

RonColling

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:52 PM

Earl,

I don't know how to post pictures, either, but IF I could, you would see a nice comparison of all the versions I have of Gen 1.1, but a blank area when I try Mat 1.1 (or any other NT verse).  Does yours work with both OT and NT verses?

It's not a matter of being completely new. I've used e-Sword for quite a few years now.  It changed with version 11 somehow.  

I do realize that it's probably a simple fix, but I haven't found it, yet. :-)

Thanks,

-Ron

#86 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:04 PM

Ron,

Yes, I was trying to show comparisons of John 3:16 from over 30 different versions. Apparently, I had posted another screenshot in some forum at some point in the past, but can't even find it on the site now.

† Earl

#87 RonColling

RonColling

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:18 PM

Thanks Earl.

I just sent Rick Meyers a message.  He helped me years ago and, actually, lives in the same county here in TN.  I just searched my emails and I've been using e-Sword for about 10 years -- back to version 7.  It has been quite a blessing and this will turn out to be a minor issue.

Thanks,

-Ron

#88 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

I'm using e-Sword 11.06 on Windows 7. I don't have all of the Bibles selected for compare - just the ones that I like and regularly use - about 9 different translations. I was just thinking - I don't know how e-Sword would act in compare if I had one or more translations selected that have no New Testament. I didn't experiment with this. Try compare with Bibles that you know have a New Testament. I've never had a problem of any kind with compare.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#89 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:34 AM

I'm using e-Sword 11.06 on Windows 7. I don't have all of the Bibles selected for compare - just the ones that I like and regularly use - about 9 different translations. I was just thinking - I don't know how e-Sword would act in compare if I had one or more translations selected that have no New Testament. I didn't experiment with this. Try compare with Bibles that you know have a New Testament. I've never had a problem of any kind with compare.

derourney,

I don't normally have them all selected either but wanted to show that every version with an NT displayed perfectly. Blessings!

Edited to add:

Wait! Did I misunderstand Ron's question? I thought we were talking about the Compare tab, but I see now that it does not appear to offer version selection. Rather, every version installed is automatically displayed. It's under the *Parallel* tab that I have only four versions selected. Apparently, I did misunderstand! Nothing new for the old man. LOL!

Edited by EarlMelton, 17 January 2017 - 06:50 AM.

#90 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:56 AM

The compare Bibles can be selected from the main menu -> Options -> compare

In the past there have been issues noted with compare, and it has been due to a faulty formatting of a module. Best way forward is to set a couple of Bibles in the compare and add and test until you find the problem module.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users