Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What's Still Broken As Of e-Sword 11.06?

126 replies to this topic

#71 John Hitt

John Hitt

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:07 AM

I petitioned my Mac hard drive to run WIN7 (64) through VMWare emulator. Worked fine until I attempted to upgrade to e-Sword 11.+. (e-Sword will not open now). How do I return to previous version of e-Sword? e-Sword X works fine but I have lost access to the extensive library of works you provided. Thanks, John

#72 slamundsen

slamundsen

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:07 AM

I don't mean to be a burden but do you know how to download 1828 Websters dictionary on e-sword when it is free but link is not blue but red?

​When I tried to click on the link it did not put it in the drop down box.

#73 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:24 AM

I don't mean to be a burden but do you know how to download 1828 Websters dictionary on e-sword when it is free but link is not blue but red?

​When I tried to click on the link it did not put it in the drop down box.

You need to upgrade to E-Sword 11

#74 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:27 AM

I petitioned my Mac hard drive to run WIN7 (64) through VMWare emulator. Worked fine until I attempted to upgrade to e-Sword 11.+. (e-Sword will not open now). How do I return to previous version of e-Sword? e-Sword X works fine but I have lost access to the extensive library of works you provided. Thanks, John

Try uninstalling E-Sword 11 and replacing it with E-Sword 10

#75 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:16 AM

It seems that auto scroll is broken in e-S 11

thread on this topic is here

http://www.biblesupp...oll/#entry29527

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#76 magicaltours

magicaltours

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:48 PM

Hello,

This is my first post, and I have only been using e-Sword for a few years, but with the recent upgrade to 11.0.6 I have noticed that when I try to copy text from the BTSCTVM+ Dictionary module, to my Word 2007 document, I am having a number of different errors.

I am having problems copying from the Dictionary using ctrl+c.  Frequently, it does not copy what is highlighted unless I use the copy button built in to e-Sword, or right click on the text and hit "copy".

Plus, when I copy a line of text, I get an extra "carriage return" at the end of each line of text I copy from the Dictionary.  This only happens when I copy just one single line of text from the Dictionary.  When I paste it into Word, it adds a carriage return to the end of the line of text and drops me down to the next line, rather than simply placing the text and leaving my cursor at the end of the line of text.  

Not only that, but it also seems to carry over some sort of formatting from the line of text I copied out of the Dictionary to Word.  So, when I paste the copied text from the Dictionary, it causes Word to add and extra paragraph indentation on the Word document (it appears at the top of my document in the "ruler").  This extra indentation is usually placed exactly one letter behind my already established "margin indentation" for my Word document.

Also, when I highlight text in the Dictionary module, there appears to be some sort of odd highlighting error where it looks likes the highlighter is double highlighting over certain characters in the lines of text on the Dictionary.  The entire line will be highlighted with the "light purple" highlighter, but a few of the letters will be highlighted with a "dark purple" highlight, as though there was twice as much highlighting on those letters... if that makes sense...

None of these issues were a problem in 10x, I am certain, as I copied literally thousands of lines of Dictionary text to my notes I keep in Word, and never once had any of these things happen.

Hope some of this helps with rooting out some bugs.

Shalom

Edited by magicaltours, 25 November 2016 - 08:50 PM.

#77 Jay4

Jay4

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:01 PM

Hi everyone-

Running Vista SP2 and Office 2007 with E-Sword 11.06.  When I launch E-Sword, I get a "Error 20077: The Text Filter cannot be found (1-1b00)" message two or three times (it varies).  The list of installed modules is fine, but there is no visible text in the module screen itself.  I can sometimes get the underlying HTML to display, but not the text itself.  Here's what I see: http://bit.ly/2gszFaz

• I uninstalled 11.06, then reinstalled it.  No luck.
  • I then uninstalled 11.06, then deleted the folder, then reinstalled it.  No luck.
  • I uninstalled it, then deleted the folder, then reinstalled 10.04 - that's fine.  There's not many modules available any more, but it does work.

I contacted Rick via the reporting screen at E-Sword, and he let me know that installing Adobe's Acrobat Reader should fix it.  Because I'm running Vista, I had to download the full installer from a different website (here) and run it, but that DID resolve my issues with E-Sword 11.06.  I wanted to report this so others would be aware of the fix as well.

#78 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:36 PM

Hello,

This is my first post, and I have only been using e-Sword for a few years, but with the recent upgrade to 11.0.6 I have noticed that when I try to copy text from the BTSCTVM+ Dictionary module, to my Word 2007 document, I am having a number of different errors.

I am having problems copying from the Dictionary using ctrl+c.  Frequently, it does not copy what is highlighted unless I use the copy button built in to e-Sword, or right click on the text and hit "copy".

Plus, when I copy a line of text, I get an extra "carriage return" at the end of each line of text I copy from the Dictionary.  This only happens when I copy just one single line of text from the Dictionary.  When I paste it into Word, it adds a carriage return to the end of the line of text and drops me down to the next line, rather than simply placing the text and leaving my cursor at the end of the line of text.  

Not only that, but it also seems to carry over some sort of formatting from the line of text I copied out of the Dictionary to Word.  So, when I paste the copied text from the Dictionary, it causes Word to add and extra paragraph indentation on the Word document (it appears at the top of my document in the "ruler").  This extra indentation is usually placed exactly one letter behind my already established "margin indentation" for my Word document.

Also, when I highlight text in the Dictionary module, there appears to be some sort of odd highlighting error where it looks likes the highlighter is double highlighting over certain characters in the lines of text on the Dictionary.  The entire line will be highlighted with the "light purple" highlighter, but a few of the letters will be highlighted with a "dark purple" highlight, as though there was twice as much highlighting on those letters... if that makes sense...

None of these issues were a problem in 10x, I am certain, as I copied literally thousands of lines of Dictionary text to my notes I keep in Word, and never once had any of these things happen.

Hope some of this helps with rooting out some bugs.

Shalom

I never upgraded from M$-Office 2003 and, since it is not supported in Win-10, I am completely transitioning to LibreOffice. Not only is it free, as far as I'm concerned, it's better. At least it fits my needs perfectly. When I've copied text to the clipboard, I can right-click where I want it and choose 'Paste Special' > 'Unformatted Text.' An alternative might be to paste it into Windoze Notepad first, then cut/paste to your word processor of choice. Don't know if any of this will solve your dilemma but it might be worth a shot.

† Earl

#79 magicaltours

magicaltours

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:26 PM

I never upgraded from M$-Office 2003 and, since it is not supported in Win-10, I am completely transitioning to LibreOffice. Not only is it free, as far as I'm concerned, it's better. At least it fits my needs perfectly. When I've copied text to the clipboard, I can right-click where I want it and choose 'Paste Special' > 'Unformatted Text.' An alternative might be to paste it into Windoze Notepad first, then cut/paste to your word processor of choice. Don't know if any of this will solve your dilemma but it might be worth a shot.

† Earl

Unfortunately, that would be WAY too much copy and pasting!  I like to copy the Brown Driver Briggs definitions to each of the words, under each verse, in my personal notes.  I guess I'll just keep muddling through and hope this gets fixed in a future release, although I am a bit tempted to go back to version 10, as this was not an issue then.

Thanks for the advise, though!  Shalom!

#80 RonColling

RonColling

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:52 AM

Anyone else having issues with using "Compare" for New Testament verses?  It works fine for OT, but I can't get it to work for NT verses.  I've used e-Sword for years.  It's on the newest version that I've noticed this issue -- 11.0.6.

Just to be clear -- I'm not talking about that it works for some versions and not others.  It doesn't work for any versions for NT verses.

Thanks,

-Ron

Edited by RonColling, 14 January 2017 - 07:56 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users