Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What's Still Broken As Of e-Sword 11.06?

126 replies to this topic

#61 Turkeyout2d

Turkeyout2d

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:49 AM

I looked through all the bugs listed to date and didn't see a hink of my problem.

I run XP SP3. (Remenber it? I use Linux for online work.)

I upgraded to 11.06 and found l lost the table at the bottom of the bible search results.

All the verses are listed but no "summary" table.

I backed up to 10.21 and the results table is back.

Anyone else see this problem?

#62 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:56 AM

I upgraded to 11.06 and found l lost the table at the bottom of the bible search results.

All the verses are listed but no "summary" table.

I backed up to 10.21 and the results table is back.

Anyone else see this problem?

You need to convert the RTF Bible modules based on e-Sword 10.4 to HTM Apple files to solve the problem of  11.06

With the Apple converter.

http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#63 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:57 AM

You need to download updated modules that are now html format. I suggest you make backup copies first, in case you want to roll back.

#64 Turkeyout2d

Turkeyout2d

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:15 PM

These are files came with 11.06. If they need to be converted they should have been converted before 11.06 was available.

#65 Woobyca

Woobyca

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:51 AM

In the parallel bible tab none of the Greek or Hebrew Bibles I have are listed...I use the parallel daily. I also tried to down load the fix for the NA26 but Norton Antivirus wouldn't allow it. My system is Windows 10 64bit. and the e-Sword 11.0.6. is giving me the problem, can I somehow go back to the previous version and get rid of 11.0.6?

#66 Alfredo Alvarez

Alfredo Alvarez

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:16 PM

Sorry, I'm new to these sites. I have only one question: I speak Spanish and I need only download some books in my native language. How do I know that the books are in Spanish and Which do not? There is some link on this website to download some books, bibles or comments in Spanish only.
Thank you very much for your answers.

Edited by Alfredo Alvarez, 04 November 2016 - 04:24 PM.

#67 AZchips

AZchips

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:47 PM

E-Sword Version 11.0.6.

Bible (Chinese) versions used: Chinese Union Version (Traditional) Date 9/5/2016

I am having issue with the scripture display In Bible window.  

If the verse is too long, the whole line "without the verse chapter number" will start from a new line. So the verse chapter number ends up being on previous line by itself.

This problem also affects Bible "parallel" reading mode.  The Chinese version will occupy too wide of column width.  Seems to relate to the same line wrap issue.

I played with   "Options" -> "Fonts"  -> "Chinese Traditional" with various settings but didn't solve the problem.

Any suggestions?

#68 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:43 PM

Contact Rick Meyers, the developer using the form, then post his reply here.

http://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

#69 agsper652

agsper652

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:27 AM

Chinese characters, when written horizontally rather than vertically, are written without spaces (in unicode there is a character that looks like a comma and includes a space after it as part of the character).  The html converter does not know where to put breaks so in parallel mode the longest line dictates the width of the column.  My wife reads Chinese traditional characters and says spaces can be inserted between characters, however, for copying and pasting into a powerpoint, for example, all those spaces would need to be deleted.  I think the best approach may be to insert a thin space :   or   OR hair space :   following every punctuation mark (the Chinese comma character includes a space as part of the character) so that any line that has a punctuation in it can break at that point so that in Parallel mode in e-Sword the width of the Chinese column will be the longest segment between punctuation in that chapter. 

I expect the same may be true of Japanese kanji and perhaps Korean, in short, any east Asian writing that does not use spacing as a clue for the html code reader that it is OK to break the line.

• Guests

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:36 AM

Все привет и хорошего настроения!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users