Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What's Still Broken As Of e-Sword 11.06?

126 replies to this topic

#111 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:38 AM

It might help to name the modules that no longer work.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#112 bbacle

bbacle

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:47 AM

Found the problem...the files that I had were corrupt.

#113 lanadee02

lanadee02

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:43 AM

I am not able to use the COMPARE BIBLE VERSIONS OPTION.  I select the Bibles I wish to compare but nothing happens when i do so.  THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!

FIGURED IT OUT...AFTER SELECTING THE BIBLES YOU WANT TO COMPARE...GO to the Bible listings and select COMPARE.   

PROBLEM SOLVED :)

Edited by lanadee02, 11 May 2018 - 09:02 AM.

#114 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,867 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:53 PM

I am not able to use the COMPARE BIBLE VERSIONS OPTION.  I select the Bibles I wish to compare but nothing happens when i do so.  THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!

FIGURED IT OUT...AFTER SELECTING THE BIBLES YOU WANT TO COMPARE...GO to the Bible listings and select COMPARE.   

Great stuff. By the way. believe it or not, but what you did is all in that incredible e-Sword User Guide.

I'm thinking of making that user User Guide as a video. As they say a picture paints a thousand words. Well a video paints  a number that hasn't been invented of words. Howzat?!

X (formerly Twitter)

#115 Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:40 PM

Just saw this thread.  Looks to be 2yrs old but I"ll add this here as well.  Just posted this under the General Q&A section regarding the Borders in Topic Notes stopped working:  http://www.biblesupp...es/#entry34282 

#116 iveller

iveller

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:03 PM

Even though all my modules are selected in the "Compare" menu option, the "Compare" tab is blank.

#117 iveller

iveller

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:08 PM

I don't understand. If I go to the Menu and select Options, Compare, all the bibles are selected. Where do I go next?

#118 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 12:15 AM

See page 14 of the user's guide

http://www.biblesupp...-revision-8114/

Make sure that you scroll the tabs left, to reveal the Compare tab......

#119 broscotch

broscotch

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:07 PM

I am running e-Sword on Win10 64.

I am experiencing an offset between the mouse cursor real position, and the one detected by the program. I mean: if I hover the mouse over a Strong's number, tooltip doesn't show up if i place it close to the upper-left part of the number. At the same time, if I place the cursor in the blank space below and to the right of the number, I still see the Strong's tooltip.

The offset is unnoticeable if the word is close to the upper-left corner of the Bible view, and gets bigger as you move down and right. To the point that, if the word is close to the lower-right corner, you have to place the mouse cursor one line below the Strong number, for the tooltip to pop up.

The same offset happens when trying to click on a word in order to see it in the Dictionary.

This looks like a pretty old post but I have had this very issue since I installed versions 11 and now into 12 on Win10.  I have completely uninstalled 12.1.0 and deleted the folder in the programs folder. Redownloaded and reinstalled, no change. I've searched all over the forum and hopefully someone has resolve this.  When you hover over the KJV+ strongs links you have to move the cursor around lower and to the right to get the tooltip to come up.  I can also play with the window size and the problem may be impacted but it does not go away.  I love this software and very thankful. I'm not a complex user so this one issue is making me crazy.  Please forgive if I haven't posted this in the right place. Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Edited by broscotch, 08 October 2019 - 09:08 PM.

#120 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:16 AM

I suggest you report this to the developer https://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

He might have had this reported and have a solution. He does not post on this forum.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users