Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What's Still Broken As Of e-Sword 11.06?

126 replies to this topic

#1 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:38 AM

POPULAR

I thought it would be good to start a list of things known to still need work on the next e-Sword release. Please try to avoid things like user errors, and be as specific as you can. Example: permission problems installing e-Sword are not an e-Sword error. I'm hoping this thread will help Rick address real errors in e-Sword.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#2 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:52 AM

I'm running e-Sword 11.05 on a Windows 7 64 bit desktop.

At e-Sword startup:

1 - Placement of vertical scrollbars is incorrect,

2 - Resource tabs do not fill up their allotted width.

These can be easily fixed with several mouse clicks, but they are an error. I haven't asked, but I assume that everyone is experiencing these same problems.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#3 Jim Bob

Jim Bob

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:06 AM

If anywhere but the top of the program window, certain short-cut keys (e.g. control+L) do not work.

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:20 PM

I like Journey's idea of a consolidated bug thread.

Make sure your bug still exists after you upgrade to the latest e-Sword here. (Press Help/About in e-Sword to compare the version there with the latest here.)

Posts not reporting a bug will be removed.

Posts should clearly describe the bug and how to reproduce what you consider a bug.

1. Pericope toggle still breaks highlighted verses. (Upgrade from 10.x, and if you had highlighting, it's wrong now.  Or, once in 11, highlight a verse and turn Pericope off if it was on / turn Pericope on if it was off.)

2. Reports that Copy Verses is still buggy when pasting in certain places (see link).

3. Painfully slow macro execution (official e-Sword macros) in version 11, possibly because e-Sword is converting back/forth html/rtf on the fly.

#5 Juan Miguel Corral Cano

Juan Miguel Corral Cano

New to Bible Support

• Members (T)
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:48 AM

I am running e-Sword on Win10 64.

I am experiencing an offset between the mouse cursor real position, and the one detected by the program. I mean: if I hover the mouse over a Strong's number, tooltip doesn't show up if i place it close to the upper-left part of the number. At the same time, if I place the cursor in the blank space below and to the right of the number, I still see the Strong's tooltip.

The offset is unnoticeable if the word is close to the upper-left corner of the Bible view, and gets bigger as you move down and right. To the point that, if the word is close to the lower-right corner, you have to place the mouse cursor one line below the Strong number, for the tooltip to pop up.

The same offset happens when trying to click on a word in order to see it in the Dictionary.

#6 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:43 AM

Incorrect search matches in Greek Bibles.

Windows 10 64bit. e-Sword 11.0.5.

Bible search in new HTML spec file. Official module.

Search for παιδισκη in the Greek NT BYZ , no additional search options selected. Search for any/all words. Results are returned that include partial matches at Act 16:16; Gal 4:22; Gal 4:23; Gal 4:30; Gal 4:31

or ελαλουν

Partial match at Luke 4:36; Luke 6:11; Luke 9:30

#7 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:45 AM

Double clicking in Bible window should select the word, but instead selects/highlights the verse reference.

#8 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:02 AM

Focus of the cursor is lost from the filter box of the Reference Library window if the pointer is moved outside the control.

#9 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:09 AM

Having completed one search (Bible Search) so with that search window still open. On selection/activation of the search box or the Exclude box, and moving the mouse pointer out of that control, the blinking cursor is lost.

#10 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:24 AM

In compare mode the (Douay-Rheims) Bible New format and old format, prefixes each verse with  D:Modules

D:ModulesAnd there was a certain man there that had been eight and thirty years under his infirmity.

This does not happen in the old version of e-Sword

Sorry this was a user made module issue.

Edited by JPG, 09 August 2016 - 12:07 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users