Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Transfer Notes from e-Sword to My Sword

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lewiej

lewiej

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:56 AM

I would love to transfer my e-Sword verse notes to MySword. Is it possible and how?

Thanks.

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

In short, no it can't be done.

In longer, the reason why it cant be done is because they are incompatible to each other, and for you to be able to "transfer" them, is to convert them. And as to how that is actually done, somebody else will have to tell you how to do that.

Trust this information is somewhat helpful to you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 lewiej

lewiej

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:14 AM

In short, no it can't be done.

In longer, the reason why it cant be done is because they are incompatible to each other, and for you to be able to "transfer" them, is to convert them. And as to how that is actually done, somebody else will have to tell you how to do that.

Trust this information is somewhat helpful to you.

Blessings,

Thank you. I thought it would be near impossible. Will just have to enter the notes manually as I go along.

Grace and peace to you.

Lew

#4 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:35 AM

I will try to do it for you. I sent a private message.

Jon

#5 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:51 AM

Job done.

#6 lewiej

lewiej

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:25 AM

Thanks to JPG......he converted them somehow and now they are in MySword. May the Lord Bless him.

Lew

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:20 PM

Thanks to JPG......he converted them somehow and now they are in MySword. May the Lord Bless him.

Lew

Yep, knew that had to be done.

One of the most common (for a lack of a better way to put it) mistake many make is the thinking that e-Sword and MySword are the same program, or something like that, and not realizing that they are totally different and unrelated products. I guess this comes about as a result that there are MySword resources housed here along side with e-Sword resources, thus giving the impression that there is a relationship between them. And this is something that one has to be aware of that there is no relationship between e-Sword and MySword resources.

Anyway, Lew, I'm really glad you got those resources done for you, and that everything is working well for you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#8 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:14 AM

I would love to transfer my e-Sword verse notes to MySword. Is it possible and how?

Thanks.

Here's how I lessened a similar problem in a different piece of software. It saves time if you can check/send/receive e-mail in the same e-mail client on both your PC and your Android device. In e-Sword, copy the entire note to the clipboard, then paste it into a new e-mail. Save the e-mail to a draft, then open it in your phone and/or tablet and copy it to that clipboard, then paste into MySword.

Cludgy, but eliminates the need to manually key in the same note again. Some of my "notes" are several pages page long!

HTH!

#9 lewiej

lewiej

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:27 AM

Here's how I lessened a similar problem in a different piece of software. It saves time if you can check/send/receive e-mail in the same e-mail client on both your PC and your Android device. In e-Sword, copy the entire note to the clipboard, then paste it into a new e-mail. Save the e-mail to a draft, then open it in your phone and/or tablet and copy it to that clipboard, then paste into MySword.

Cludgy, but eliminates the need to manually key in the same note again. Some of my "notes" are several pages page long!

HTH!

Thanks Earl. That is very clever. I may use that in the future as I add notes to e-Sword and want them in MySword also. I do use gmail on both my PC and Fire tablet so it would work for me. Thanks again.

#10 Jovimont

Jovimont

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:00 AM

Job done.

Hi JPG, I also need to convert my e-sword notes (extension file .notx) to mysword, would you explain how to do it, I have a big archive (about 11.5 MB), I tried to make it with two converters (The word and with Simple Bible Reader V. 2.9), but no luck.

Thanks  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users