Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

T4 Format Strong Numbers

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 gtealw

gtealw

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:48 PM

Hi,

I am creating a bblx that includes Strong Numbers containing trailing alpha characters (H2896a). These Strong Numbers reference the NASB Dictionary and are not in the Strong dictionaries. T4 does not recognize the ones with the trailing alpha characters. See example below in red after running the Tools > Format Strong Numbers command.

Gen 1:4 God H430 saw H7200 that the light H216 was good H2896a; and God H430 separated H914 the light H216 from the darkness H2822.

Is there a way to make T4 recognize them?

Thanks for your help.

Andre

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:09 PM

Hi

I think you need to separate the letter from the end number. If you are creating a totally new lexicon, that is not the strong numbering system. You will need to create a different lexicon.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:34 PM

Hi,

I am creating a bblx that includes Strong Numbers containing trailing alpha characters (H2896a). These Strong Numbers reference the NASB Dictionary and are not in the Strong dictionaries. T4 does not recognize the ones with the trailing alpha characters. See example below in red after running the Tools > Format Strong Numbers command.

Gen 1:4 God H430 saw H7200 that the light H216 was good H2896a; and God H430 separated H914 the light H216 from the darkness H2822.

Is there a way to make T4 recognize them?

Thanks for your help.

Andre

It can be done but only if you a corresponding concordance is installed in E-Sword, in this case you need to have the New American Standard Exhaustive Concordance installed which is available in a dictionary file for e-sword called nasec.dctk. With this installed E-sword will recognize the Strong's numbers with the trailing letters

#4 gtealw

gtealw

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:48 PM

Perhaps my first post was not clear. I am using T4 (ToolTip Tool NT) to create a bible module. I appreciate the help but please only respond if you know how to use ToolTip Tool NT.

I do have the NASB dictionary/lexicon installed (nasec.dctx) in e-sword. I don't know how to make T4 (not e-sword) to recognized those Strong numbers that are uniquely in the NASB dictionary and therefore process them using the Tools > Format Strong Numbers. Any help would be appreciated.

#5 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:36 PM

Perhaps my first post was not clear. I am using T4 (ToolTip Tool NT) to create a bible module. I appreciate the help but please only respond if you know how to use ToolTip Tool NT.

I do have the NASB dictionary/lexicon installed (nasec.dctx) in e-sword. I don't know how to make T4 (not e-sword) to recognized those Strong numbers that are uniquely in the NASB dictionary and therefore process them using the Tools > Format Strong Numbers. Any help would be appreciated.

According E-Sword users manual you may have to do the following:

"Strong’s numbers represent the numbering system that represents each Greek and Hebrew word in the Bible. You should tooltip Strong’s references before creating an e-Sword module."

To tooltip Strong’s references:

1. Open a document containing scripture references using the File > Open command. Or type G25 and H1887 into a blank document.
2. Click Tools on the main menu and choose Format Strong Numbers.

Hopefully this will help

#6 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:10 PM

Hi

the NASB contains special features "a" at the end of strongs numbers is one of them

these features have not been released to the public and will not be achievable in T4

I have asked several times for Rick to release the how to, to the public

I'm assuming it has something to do with getting the NASB license for eSword but that is just an assumption

DSaw

Disregard this info is incorrect

Edited by DSaw, 29 July 2016 - 05:51 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#7 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:47 PM

The Automatic formatting tool in ToolTip for Strong's numbers may not recognize them and auomatticly set them up for you, but you can manually format them (color & superscript)

and YES they will pop up like a conventional Strong's number *AS LONG AS* you have an entry for them in the dictionary you have e-Sword set up to look at for Strong's numbers.

#8 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:39 PM

Here is a temporary fix:

Copy the CONTENTS of the attached zip file into your "...\documents\e-Sword ToolTip NT" folder.  The execute the two macros named "StrongNumbers" and "StrongNumbers2".  NOTE - when you do execute these macros you WILL get a SYNTAX ERROR.  Just click OK and continue.  Once you have excuted both macros, then try formatting your Strong numbers.  The macros will recognize trailing a, b, c and d. 

You need to execute these macros each time you start T4 as restarting the program resets everything back to original.  

Attached Files

#9 gtealw

gtealw

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:18 PM

Thanks for the macros, BH. They worked. Just curious, could the same be achieved by formatting the strong numbers (color & superscript)?

#10 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:23 PM

Thanks for the macros, BH. They worked. Just curious, could the same be achieved by formatting the strong numbers (color & superscript)?

I'm not sure I understand your question.  Certainly in making of the new HTML based modules, the strong numbers must be tagged correctly and that is not based on color or other format.  

BTW - a new macro is attached which will not produce an error message when first executed.  Copy the CONTENTS of the zip file to your "...\documents\e-Sword Tooltip NT" folder.  The Macro will be named "StrongNumberFix".

Execute it once after starting the program and it will apply until you restart the program.  

BH

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users