Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

update to version 11???

10 replies to this topic

#1 dasadler

dasadler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGarden Grove, California, 92844, USA

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:59 PM

How do we update our installed version 10.4.0 to the new version 11 without losing settings, and so on?

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:39 PM

I didn't lose any settings and haven't heard that anyone did?

#3 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:52 PM

i had to reset tvm resource in options on 3 of 4 units I've installed it on.

#4 dasadler

dasadler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:49 PM

Thanks but you guys are a little beyond me.

1) Do I need to uninstall my current version via windows uninstaller before I D/L and install the version 11?

2) What is TVM?

3) Do I need to re download all the Bibles and commentaries I had before?

Edited by dasadler, 16 July 2016 - 07:52 PM.

#5 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:14 PM

tvm is one of the bible modules.  Just run the exe file you download from www.e-sword.net and it will install itself without uninstalling the old version..  As for downloading files, all of mine are where they should be however in the built in download area some are listed as available for download - I assume these are files in the new format but do not know, maybe someone can clarify that for us.

Edited by exscentric, 16 July 2016 - 08:14 PM.

#6 dasadler

dasadler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:50 PM

Success! Just ran the D/L install prgm and it works fine... does not have the same e-Sword icon on the taskbar, though.  Wonder when the help file will be updated to include new features.

Still have not been able to find tvm.  is that a type/version of Bible?  I don't see it in the list of downloadables.

Thanks to all for your help.

#7 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:53 AM

e-sword_guide.pdf  Revision: 8/1/2014 is by default in

C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

or

C:\Program Files\e-Sword

KJV+TVM is the King James version with special Tense Voice Mood codes for it in the New and Old Testament and a dictionary to decode it.

KJV+TVM has copyright trouble; it is removed on this board. See the other topics about KJV+TVM

Edited by Katoog, 17 July 2016 - 07:56 AM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#8 dasadler

dasadler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:59 AM

Yikes! I just realized my previously download commentaries disappeared when I updated to e-Sword 11.   I don't remember which ones I had previously downloaded.  Is there any place in the system where I might find them?  They may still be on my computer... just not showing in the tabs in the commentary window.

#9 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:04 AM

Yikes! I just realized my previously download commentaries disappeared when I updated to e-Sword 11.   I don't remember which ones I had previously downloaded.  Is there any place in the system where I might find them?  They may still be on my computer... just not showing in the tabs in the commentary window.

Just look in the E-sword folder in your programs folder on you computer everything should still be there you might need to do some module reinstalling 

#10 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:59 AM

You're modules are still on your PC, as others have said. We're assuming you were already using e-Sword 9 or greater? If you are coming from e-Sword 7 or 8, then your old modules are not compatible with e-Sword 9 or greater (but getting modules in 9+ format is easy).

I'm guessing that under Options > Resources > Resources Location, you (at some point) changed the location of e-Sword resources to a new folder. You just need to return there (Options > Resources > Resources Location) and change that to wherever you keep your e-Sword modules. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users