Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 11 Released

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#21 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:15 PM

e-Sword 11.0 is now (or soon will be) available for download!

A few additional notes:

e-Sword is now capable of using the same module format as the Apple versions of e-Sword. Those module types are Commentary (.cmti), Dictionary (.dcti), Bible (.bbli), Reference Libary (.refi) etc.

Because the modules are now HTML based a lot more can happen with the presentation (i.e. poetry line breaks), and content (i.e. links). Module creators can use stylings in creative ways to produce new results in e-Sword.

Module creators can use the Morphology popup tooltip as long as the Bible as TVM codes as defined in Robinson's Morphological Analysis Codes (RMAC).

OK, for this little baby I'll be writing a review on it once all of my experimentation and testing has been completed.

What I can say about this version is simply this... I love it, as in, I love it, as in, Man, can this baby sing. WOO! This really has to be the next best thing (Kiwis will understand this, you Americans wouldn't have a clue :D) to Hokey Pokey ice cream, and Lemon & Paeroa (L&P for short), and that is really saying something.

Thus far I've encountered no issues or problems, and does what it suppose to do.

OK, now I got that bit all done and dusted. Just a little tip of what one can do to keep a sort of uniformity of resources between e-Sword platforms.

I converted a bblx file to a bbli one, then deleted that bblx file, and then in the Command Prompt (DOS environment) renamed the bbli to bblx. That means you can have all your extensions the same, e.g., bblx, topx, cmtx, and etc, and should be able run the resources in all e-Sword platforms irrespective of the file extension name.

Oh yeah, this means that you can rename all your e-Sword HD, LT, and X to match e-Sword PC resource extensions. So on that note, it only remains this to said, great stuff!.

For those who don't know how to use the Command (DOS) prompt, here are the DOS commands you need to use:

C:\> e:
E:\> cd e-sword\e-sword resource
E:\e-sword\e-sword resources ren mb.bbli mb.bblx

By the way, you don't type the Drive letters (C:\ and E:\ bit) as they are there in the command prompt.

If you really want to go all out to Geekdom, you can use the Windows Power Shell which will do the same as the Command Prompt and then some.

For those of you who's resources are in the default e-Sword folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword, the following just needs to be done.

cd program files (x86)\e-Sword

ren cev.bbli cev.bblx

Then close the Command prompt.

If you don't want to be geeky by using the Command Prompt, then just do it using Windows File Explorer.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 17 July 2016 - 04:47 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#22 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:24 PM

Just to keep this simple (for anyone confused or who doesn't know): You do not need to rename any modules. :) You can use a bible.bbli module in e-Sword for the PC. Or in an Apple device. 

This is ultimately the direction our BibleSupport repository is going. Rather than labeling downloads as PC or Apple or iPad/iPhone, it makes sense to eventually host just one module: the html version (cmti, refi, bbli, dcti, etc). And the user downloads one module for any platform. And those modules can be copied from one platform to another if needed.

I converted a bblx file to a bbli one, then deleted that bblx file, and then in the Command Prompt (DOS environment) renamed the bbli to bblx. That means you can have all your extensions the same, e.g., bblx, topx, cmtx, and etc, and should be able run the resources in all e-Sword platforms irrespective of the file extension name.

Oh yeah, this means that you can rename all your e-Sword HD, LT, and X to match e-Sword PC resource extensions. So on that note, it only remains this to said, great stuff!.

Blessings,

#23 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:59 PM

Just to keep this simple (for anyone confused or who doesn't know): You do not need to rename any modules. :) You can use a bible.bbli module in e-Sword for the PC. Or in an Apple device. 

This is ultimately the direction our BibleSupport repository is going. Rather than labeling downloads as PC or Apple or iPad/iPhone, it makes sense to eventually host just one module: the html version (cmti, refi, bbli, dcti, etc). And the user downloads one module for any platform. And those modules can be copied from one platform to another if needed.

Hi Josh,

I agree with you. That said, the reason for this, ummm, for a lack of a better way of putting it, by having this kind of uniformity bit, is that when it comes to using your resource installer thingy, bbli, cmti, and etc files are not recognized. And if one wishes to download files using the resource installer thingy (I just gotta call it thingy :lol: ) Then the best way to go is by having everything with one extension type right across the board. However, unless you update the code and make it recognize the bbli and etc extensions as well, then all this is totally unnecessary. :P

Gotta love you bro, otherwise I'm in real strife. LOL.gif

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 17 July 2016 - 05:01 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#24 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 17 July 2016 - 06:35 PM

Hi
Is html convertion to the Word going to be ok? Or will it cause a problem?
Because I like to convert e-Sword to the Word then the Word to MySword.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#25 Adam Olive

Adam Olive

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:09 PM

I just noticed e-Sword is updated to 11.02 (no idea what the change is).

Also are other people failing in using the download manager to download BDB.dctx ?

#26 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:24 PM

Oh yes, I plan on updating the Module Installer. That's a 30 second fix. Only reason I haven't already is since I last compiled the Module Installer, I switched computers. And I need to re-setup the compiler and get the environment right. After switching to a new pc and installing a compiler, there's always something that complains about something being in the wrong place or some resource couldn't be found.

Hi Josh,

I agree with you. That said, the reason for this, ummm, for a lack of a better way of putting it, by having this kind of uniformity bit, is that when it comes to using your resource installer thingy, bbli, cmti, and etc files are not recognized. And if one wishes to download files using the resource installer thingy (I just gotta call it thingy :lol: ) Then the best way to go is by having everything with one extension type right across the board. However, unless you update the code and make it recognize the bbli and etc extensions as well, then all this is totally unnecessary. :P

Gotta love you bro, otherwise I'm in real strife.

Blessings,

#27 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:26 PM

Costas at theWord will release an update to the converter tools if someone brings this to his attention.

However, in the meantime, you can generate a cmti (html/apple) for e-Sword use and then generate an RTF module for conversion within theWord. You're able to create different module formats for different distribution channels.

Hi
Is html convertion to the Word going to be ok? Or will it cause a problem?
Because I like to convert e-Sword to the Word then the Word to MySword.

Thanks

#28 only2goats

only2goats

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAurora, IN

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:05 AM

Just installed 11.0 - Looks good so far, but what happened to "Paste into Topic Notes"???  Now you have to highlight the verse in order for it to paste into Topic Notes.  I sure hope this can be corrected - it's not good to have this extra step when trying to take notes during a sermon, etc.

11.2 fixes this issue.

#29 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:23 AM

I just noticed e-Sword is updated to 11.02 (no idea what the change is).

Also are other people failing in using the download manager to download BDB.dctx ?

I have the same problem with the download BDB.dctx and using the old module of e-Sword 10.

BDB is now a lexicon module?

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#30 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:25 PM

Oh yes, I plan on updating the Module Installer. That's a 30 second fix. Only reason I haven't already is since I last compiled the Module Installer, I switched computers. And I need to re-setup the compiler and get the environment right. After switching to a new pc and installing a compiler, there's always something that complains about something being in the wrong place or some resource couldn't be found.

Hi Josh,

My recommendation, if you haven't done so, is to install Visual Studio 2015 Community edition. You are able to use C++ in it, and then some as well. The C++ compiler is built into it (as well as C#, VB, F#, JS (Java Script), Python, and TypeScript).

Then add in Xamarin to develop for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile devices. So, here you really have the best of both ends of the thingy... stick.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users