Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

"Memory Modules"

3 replies to this topic

#1 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:53 PM

Downloaded ten of them earlier. All ten installed to Documents\e-Sword\ and all have an extension of .memx, as in the first one which is: Bible and CARNAL MIND.memx

All ten start with 'Bible and', then the subject in all caps as above.

I copied them to Program Files (x86)\e-Sword, then closed and restarted the e-Sword program.

My question is, how do I utilize these? I can find them nowhere in the e-Sword program. Not under Bibles, Commentaries, Dictionaries, Topic Notes, or the Reference Library.

Can someone help a simple-minded old man, please?

Many TIA!

#2 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:01 PM

If you look within the tab labeled 'Tools' at the top of your eSword program you will see a function called 'Scripture Memory',  This is where you want to go to use those modules.

#3 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:40 PM

Cool, Larry! I might have found it by sometime next year. Many thanks!  :-)

#4 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:28 AM

It's a neat addition, but could I suggest a change that I think would be beneficial? That would be to [not] have the verse text automatically displayed. I did something similar years ago in an e-Sword Topic. It had seven sections or paragraphs labeled 'Sunday' through 'Saturday,' each with from twelve to seventeen Scripture passages. But not the text, only the ToolTipped (If that's the proper term) Scripture [reference]. When I struggled with one, I could hover the mouse pointer over that reference for the hint to get me started. Perhaps it's just my 73-year-old brain, but it's difficult for me to just focus on the reference above and not look at the printed passage in the bottom window.

I will readily admit, though, that what you have accomplished may well be the preferred way to go for others. Personally, I will continue using my Topic method for memorization practice. I just don't do it as often these days as I should. :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users