Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Geneva Bible w/updated spelling

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNaples, Florida 34120

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:45 AM

I did a search in the forums and it appears the last serious answer to the request for the updated spelling Geneva Bible was back in 2014. I have the PDF version. I was wondering if there are any plans to make one available for E-sword (the whole bible).

Thanks,

Mitch

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:52 AM

I did a search in the forums and it appears the last serious answer to the request for the updated spelling Geneva Bible was back in 2014. I have the PDF version. I was wondering if there are any plans to make one available for E-sword (the whole bible).

Thanks,

Mitch

A lot depends on whether or not it is copyrighted material if it is then it cannot be made into a module. 

Could you post a link to a website with the PDF version on it if possible?

#3 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:35 PM

A lot depends on whether or not it is copyrighted material if it is then it cannot be made into a module. 

Could you post a link to a website with the PDF version on it if possible?

Here you go my friend:

http://www.apuritans...riotEdition.pdf

At the www.genevabible.com site Kirk Cameron is selling this PDF so I don't know what's up with getting the same document from this website and his/theirs.....

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:50 PM

Here is the answer regarding it being copyrighted 

The 1599 Geneva Bible Patriot’s Edition
Copyright © 2010 by Tolle Lege Press

Unless the copyright holder gives permission it cannot be made in to an e-sword module for downloading from this site. 

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:15 PM

Unless the copyright holder gives permission it cannot be made in to an e-sword module for downloading from this site. 

And with that said, If you do make one, then you're the only one who can use it.

OK, got that one out of the way, done and dusted.

Downloaded the pdf file, and found the text quite interesting. But what was even more interesting was the Magna Carta  and the US Constitution. As to what they actually have to do with the Bible is really anyone's guess. But anyway, its there, and if, like me, you're not American... well its absolutely pointless. The Magna Carta might hold some value if you're either a Brit or a Commonwealth country, such as New Zealand and that other weird one across the ditch, Australia (If you're not of one of these two nationalities, don't worry about it, as this is just a thingy between us Kiwis and Aussies. The ditch is that strip of water which lies between New Zealand and Australia, commonly known as the Tasman Sea.), and as to the significance it has to Americans, considering they've busted away from the Poms, it puzzles me as to why they have it there for themselves. Maybe someone could tell me.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:17 PM

And with that said, If you do make one, then you're the only one who can use it.

OK, got that one out of the way, done and dusted.

Downloaded the pdf file, and found the text quite interesting. But what was even more interesting was the Magna Carta  and the US Constitution. As to what they actually have to do with the Bible is really anyone's guess. But anyway, its there, and if, like me, you're not American... well its absolutely pointless. The Magna Carta might hold some value if you're either a Brit or a Commonwealth country, such as New Zealand and that other weird one across the ditch, Australia (If you're not of one of these two nationalities, don't worry about it, as this is just a thingy between us Kiwis and Aussies. The ditch is that strip of water which lies between New Zealand and Australia, commonly known as the Tasman Sea.), and as to the significance it has to Americans, considering they've busted away from the Poms, it puzzles me as to why they have it there for themselves. Maybe someone could tell me.

Blessings,

The Bible is published as a "The Patriot Editon" hence the inclusion of the Magna Carta and US Constitution 

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:10 PM

The Bible is published as a "The Patriot Editon" hence the inclusion of the Magna Carta and US Constitution 

I got that, and understood that right from he beginning. And that wasn't what I was getting at. The question I raised was basically about what on earth does the Magna Carta, which is a British thing, has to do with, get this, ummm, American Patriotism? And the obvious answer to this would have to be, Diddly Squat. Why? Well, mainly because the United States of America ain't a part of the British Commonwealth, and is totally independent from Britain.

You see, I get the US Constitution as part of American Patriotism because that is like waving the US Flag and cheering, "Go USA. Go USA"! Or something like that. However having the Magna Carta, like I said a moment ago, is a British thing, as part of American Patriotism is like waving the Union Jack and cheering, "Go USA. Go USA"! Or something like that.  LOL.gif Crazy, hey.

Anyway, I hope you see my point.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 05 July 2016 - 04:13 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#8 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:13 AM

On the bright side; this version of the Geneva use italics while many electronic versions have removed it by conversion or using bad quality scans of Gothic letters.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#9 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:04 AM

I have a call to them asking how to go about getting permissions. We'll see.

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users