Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

A red warning

10 replies to this topic

#1 emilzalez

emilzalez

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:06 PM

When I try to open a link to an utility or other file from the front page, I receive a red page warning about phishing. Have this website being hacked or something? I click on "proceed anyway" and everything is normal again.... I hope.

Emil

#2 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 26 June 2016 - 02:10 PM

I come here every day, and everything is fine as far as I know. I just tried some links with no problems at all.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#3 emilzalez

emilzalez

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:29 PM

It keep happening, and now is Wordmodules too, but no other websites so I dont think is just my computer.

#4 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:49 PM

Josh is in the process of sorting the issue with Google.

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:58 PM

Google is now happy with WordModules.com.

According to Google, there was never an issue with BibleSupport.

#6 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

Google is now happy with WordModules.com.

According to Google, there was never an issue with BibleSupport.

I got multiple warnings while I tried to access biblesupport.com through chrome browser in a PC last Friday.

#7 emilzalez

emilzalez

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:45 PM

Enhorabuena! I was worried because on both I had trouble. Thanks a lot. Blessings.

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

I use Mozilla Firefox as my default web browser, and do all my downloading and uploading on it. For over 10 years I've used this program and never have encountered this kind of problem which some of you have and are experiencing. Moreover, even since joining BibleSupport I've never had issues with downloading and up loading files when using Firefox.

Therefore, my suggestion is, if you are using Internet Explorer, MS Edge, or any other web browser, and you are having this problem, is for you to install (if not already installed) Firefox and use it as your default browser.

If it is solely the Google Chrome web browser that is causing you this problem, then follow the above suggestion.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#9 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:35 PM

I think you have the proverbial wrong end of the stick. There was not a problem with the Google Chrome browser. It was flagging that the site had a potential security issue, that's all. It also alerts the site owner of the issue so they can resolve it. An example of the warning is shown in this video

I hope this clarifies what was happening.

#10 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:05 PM

I think you have the proverbial wrong end of the stick. There was not a problem with the Google Chrome browser. It was flagging that the site had a potential security issue, that's all. It also alerts the site owner of the issue so they can resolve it.

OK, I understand that. So here's the begging question. How come I didn't and don't get it in Firefox?

I'm not disagreeing with you. However I find it odd that this is showing up with just the odd person, and not for everyone.

And I repeat:

For over 10 years I've used this program and never have encountered this kind of problem which some of you have and are experiencing.

Having said that, sometimes I've had warning from my browser that an attempt is being made to redirect me to another site. But these warnings a built into my browser. So with that I control the content which comes my way, of whether or not I give permission. And at most times I deny the permission.

Just a final thought:

Google has been infamous, and probably still are,  for flagging as red when in reality they are not.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 29 June 2016 - 05:06 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users