Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Engish Septuagint with Strong's

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jbutrip

jbutrip

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:29 PM

Is anyone aware of an English translation of the Septuagint, with Strong's numbers?  I'm not a Greek student so I have to use English, but I like to research the Greek words for the NT text.  It would be helpful to know how the same words were used in the LXX.

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:08 PM

There is the ABP+. It can be downloaded from within e-Sword. Info as follows.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apostolic Bible Polyglot 
Copyright 1996 Charles Van der Pool. 

The Apostolic Bible Polyglot is a Greek-English Interlinear of the Greek Septuagint and New Testament coded to Strong's numbers. 

Free printable PDF's of the Apostolic Bible Polyglot may be downloaded and printed editions may be purchased at www.apostolicbible.com. 

Greek words which appear in the Septuagint but not in the New Testament are inserted with decimal points, such as G303.1. Proper names are numbered with an asterisk, such as G*.

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:58 PM

There is the ABP+. It can be downloaded from within e-Sword. Info as follows.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apostolic Bible Polyglot 
Copyright 1996 Charles Van der Pool. 

The Apostolic Bible Polyglot is a Greek-English Interlinear of the Greek Septuagint and New Testament coded to Strong's numbers. 

Free printable PDF's of the Apostolic Bible Polyglot may be downloaded and printed editions may be purchased at www.apostolicbible.com. 

Greek words which appear in the Septuagint but not in the New Testament are inserted with decimal points, such as G303.1. Proper names are numbered with an asterisk, such as G*.

Ditto to that.

Moreover, there is also the IGNT+ (Interlinear Greek New Testament with Strong's) also available, and might be of value to you as well.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 jbutrip

jbutrip

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:58 PM

Thanks to both of you.  I downloaded the ABP+ last evening, and I think it will work.  Apparently it's a very literal translation, which I also like for study.

I will try the IGNT, also.

#5 Todd S

Todd S

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 June 2023 - 06:47 AM

ABP+ is an excellent resource. I am in it all the time. I wish it contained all of the LXX books though.

---God’s Love is a Verb:---

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son,

that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users