Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Do you want BHSE in PC?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for information. I don't have a PC to run Tooltip NT. I had built a simple script in Mac to do it. in addition, I think Tooltip NT may not be able to handle some of the features I made for Android and Mac files, especially the traditional interlinear layout. So, I just use a 1KB-sized unix script to do it, rather than any other softwares. I can upload the script later if you are interested. This simple script can be modified to do conversion between e-Sword and MySword.

Regarding font issue, I suggest you download Ezra SIL (freely available online), install and select it for Hebrew text in e-Sword setting. I had tested the same file in a PC, with this font installed already. it shows the vowels alignment perfectly. I installed the latest e-Sword, which use Ezra SIL by default for Hebrew text.

also, I had just found that PC e-Sword miss some important features, which are available in Apple e-Sword X. I am now reworking some of the Mac files to fit the PC e-Sword. ... half done ... so very soon ...

Thank you for your help.

Hi Eliran,

See Screenshot below of how it looks.

I've compared this with the IHOT.bblx file in split mode in the Bible Window in e-Sword. In the top half of the split window is the top half is the BHSE+, and below is the IHOT+

Now that I've got this file, I'm going to play around with it in T4, and test my theory to see how it works out :D. I reckon it will be interesting to see how it works out. If it works, I'll bang up the Screenshot here and see what your thoughts are.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Attached Files

Edited by APsit190, 11 June 2016 - 08:56 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#22 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:41 AM

Hi Eliran,

See Screenshot below of how it looks.

I've compared this with the IHOT.bblx file in split mode in the Bible Window in e-Sword. In the top half of the split window is the top half is the BHSE+, and below is the IHOT+

Now that I've got this file, I'm going to play around with it in T4, and test my theory to see how it works out :D. I reckon it will be interesting to see how it works out. If it works, I'll bang up the Screenshot here and see what your thoughts are.

Blessings,

Hi Stephen,

Thanks very much.  I am so glad you make this file better.  I am looking forward for your theory on traditional interlinear to work.

One problem I found in this old file, which I uploaded here, the brackets for Ketib readings should be placed inside {}, i.e. {\f2 [Ketib reading]}, rather than [{\f2 Ketib reading}].  The latter cause improper display, mixed with Hebrew right-to-left behavior, so puting [] inside {} corrects the error.  If you have a better solution for this one, please kindly let me know too.  In Mac modules, HTML codes, I correct this problem by adding ‎.

Re screenshot, I tried to click your screenshot, but it returns an error, "

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

In addition, I need your advice on one more thing.  In PC e-Sword, clicking a word activate the entry in a dictionary modules if that dictionary has the corresponding entry.  e.g. clicking "God" in a bible module would activated the entry in ISBE.  I found that English words, Strong numbers, RMAC entries, work perfectly in PC e-Sword.  But it doesn't work with Hebrew text (in PC).  I put Hebrew word entries in a dictionary for lookup of parsing information.  However, in PC, clicking the Hebrew word do not activate its corresponding entry in the dictionary.  In Mac e-Sword X, the right-click & "Define" function work perfectly with both English and Hebrew entries.  I am not sure if it is a limitation in PC e-Sword.  Looking forward to your expertise advice.

many thanks.

Blessings,

Eliran Wong

Edited by Eliran Wong, 11 June 2016 - 03:42 AM.

#23 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:58 PM

Hi Eliran,

I've attached the screenshot, and I hope it works this time.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 11 June 2016 - 08:59 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#24 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:59 PM

Hi Eliran,
I've attached the screenshot, and I hope it works this time.

Blessings,

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your screenshot, I notice that vowel alignment in your screenshot is not right. I attach two screenshots here (these screenshots are taken from files for coming updates, but yet to finalize), which they should look like.

Suggested Font Settings: Options > Fonts > Hebrew > Ezra SIL

in case you ask me why I put the Strong no. in subscript style, I am just testing different visual effects, will put back Strong's no. in superscript style.

you may also see the error of Ketib readings in the old file had been corrected in this screenshot.

looking forward to your good news about traditional interlinear. I had tried \mf and \msSubSup, but it seems e-Sword does not recogize this rtf code.

Peace
Eliran

Attached Files

Edited by Eliran Wong, 12 June 2016 - 06:16 PM.

#25 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:24 PM

Version 1.0 of BHSE for both PC & Apple e-Sword updated & uploaded.  Hope you enjoy.  

Download page: http://www.biblesupp...emaciphoneipad/

Blessings, 

Eliran

#26 MJR

MJR

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:35 AM

Yes pleas

#27 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:47 AM

Yes pleas

Hi,

PC version is now available at http://www.biblesupp...rew-bible-bhse/

Blessings,
Eliran

#28 RainbowBibleChurch

RainbowBibleChurch

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:10 PM

Thank you! Praise Him for such rich tools...

#29 Carmelo B Lopez

Carmelo B Lopez

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:12 PM

I'm BHSE in pc user. It's wonderful but does not look so beautiful as in Apple. Why?

#30 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:09 PM

I'm BHSE in pc user. It's wonderful but does not look so beautiful as in Apple. Why?

because e-Sword program works differently in PC and Apple platforms.

PC e-Sword and Apple e-Sword use two different codes for modules' creation.

PC e-Sword's modules are based on rft coding, which does not support traditional interlinear.

Apple e-Sword's modules are based on html coding, which easily create such good-looking.

at the moment, I have not found support of true "traditional interlinear" in current version of PC e-Sword

one thing is for sure.  all data available in Apple modules are also available in PC modules, just with different layouts.

Eliran

Edited by Eliran Wong, 23 June 2016 - 05:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users