Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Do you want BHSE in PC?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 RainbowBibleChurch

RainbowBibleChurch

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:47 AM

Looks very useful. I would use it.

#12 richardchouinard

richardchouinard

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:43 PM

For sure I would use it!

#13 barashema

barashema

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:28 PM

yes i want a pc version

#14 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:43 PM

Can anyone help to test this bible module and send me a screenshot?

I attached here one of PC bible modules (beta version, Hebrew + English gloss + Strong's numbers + inline interlinear). I created this file it in Mac, but don't have a PC to test. Can anyone help to test and send me a screenshot (so I can see visual result)? If this file works, you will see a PC version very soon.

remarks:
- this file is in original BHS verification
- the corresponding module in Mac is presented in traditional interlinear, but e-Sword for PC is yet to support this feature, so I put arrange the data in this PC file as inline interlinear.
- English glossaries in this database are very consistent, so searching in English gives you a good overview of distribution of their corresponding Hebrew. In BHSE collection, I created a module for BHS concordance. If this file works, I will convert that file, other parsing and Hebrew lexicons as well.
- for details about its source, please see
https://shebanq.ancient-data.org/ (good stuff with support of German bible society)
Thanks for interests.

Peace
Eliran

Attached Files

Edited by Eliran Wong, 09 June 2016 - 04:09 PM.

#15 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:21 PM

Here you go I downloaded and installed the bible file and her is the image:

Attached Files

#16 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:43 PM

thank you very much!

it seems the file needs some corrections.

... will fix it ...

thanks for help.

Peace

Eliran

#17 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:26 PM

thank you very much!

it seems the file needs some corrections.

... will fix it ...

thanks for help.

Peace

Eliran

The English needs to be left to right and in black not red as that color is used for "Red Letter Bibles". Also the Hebrew should be a color other than black so it will be easier to see 

#18 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:02 AM

The English needs to be left to right and in black not red as that color is used for "Red Letter Bibles". Also the Hebrew should be a color other than black so it will be easier to see

thanks for suggestion.

each bible module can has only one direction, either right to left or left to right. In this file, the main bible text is in Hebrew, English glossaries are attached to each Hebrew word only. therefore, it is reasonable to set direction from left to right. As the Hebrew text is the main text, I did not set any color. Its color is determined by e-Sword, obviously black by default. you may see if e-Sword has any color settings. may consider to change the red color for English glossaries ... will see if better color

I am sure you can set font size in seting to make the Hebrew text big for viewing. Some Hebrew bibles available at biblesupport.com here set a fixed font size for Hebrew text. I think it is not good a good practice at all, because the font size in those modules are fixed even you change the font settings, not good for different screen size. I would rather let user adjust the font size according to individual needs.

what I mean about corrections:
1) brackets, which indicate Qere readings, misplaced. needs fixing
2) in your screenshot, vowels for Hebrew words are not in proper alignment. I had just checked with another PC, the vowel alignments looks perfectly. You need to use Ezra SIL for Hebrew text (menu > option > fonts)
3) the interlinear layout is not nice as in Apple e-Sword, due to limitation of PC e-Sword modules' coding. will see if anything can further improve.

Edited by Eliran Wong, 10 June 2016 - 04:08 AM.

#19 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:11 PM

thanks for suggestion.

each bible module can has only one direction, either right to left or left to right. In this file, the main bible text is in Hebrew, English glossaries are attached to each Hebrew word only. therefore, it is reasonable to set direction from left to right. As the Hebrew text is the main text, I did not set any color. Its color is determined by e-Sword, obviously black by default. you may see if e-Sword has any color settings. may consider to change the red color for English glossaries ... will see if better color

I am sure you can set font size in seting to make the Hebrew text big for viewing. Some Hebrew bibles available at biblesupport.com here set a fixed font size for Hebrew text. I think it is not good a good practice at all, because the font size in those modules are fixed even you change the font settings, not good for different screen size. I would rather let user adjust the font size according to individual needs.

what I mean about corrections:
1) brackets, which indicate Qere readings, misplaced. needs fixing
2) in your screenshot, vowels for Hebrew words are not in proper alignment. I had just checked with another PC, the vowel alignments looks perfectly. You need to use Ezra SIL for Hebrew text (menu > option > fonts)
3) the interlinear layout is not nice as in Apple e-Sword, due to limitation of PC e-Sword modules' coding. will see if anything can further improve.

There is a program called Tooltip NT for making modules for E-sword this has all of the options need to make modules correctly. Also the font for Hebrew in E-Sword for Window is Titus Cyberbit Basic 

Edited by Tj Higgins, 10 June 2016 - 03:14 PM.

#20 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:21 PM

There is a program called Tooltip NT for making modules for E-sword this has all of the options need to make modules correctly. Also the font for Hebrew in E-Sword for Window is Titus Cyberbit Basic

Thanks for information. I don't have a PC to run Tooltip NT. I had built a simple script in Mac to do it. in addition, I think Tooltip NT may not be able to handle some of the features I made for Android and Mac files, especially the traditional interlinear layout. So, I just use a 1KB-sized unix script to do it, rather than any other softwares. I can upload the script later if you are interested. This simple script can be modified to do conversion between e-Sword and MySword.

Regarding font issue, I suggest you download Ezra SIL (freely available online), install and select it for Hebrew text in e-Sword setting. I had tested the same file in a PC, with this font installed already. it shows the vowels alignment perfectly. I installed the latest e-Sword, which use Ezra SIL by default for Hebrew text.

also, I had just found that PC e-Sword miss some important features, which are available in Apple e-Sword X. I am now reworking some of the Mac files to fit the PC e-Sword. ... half done ... so very soon ...

Thank you for your help.

Edited by Eliran Wong, 10 June 2016 - 05:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users