Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Does e-Sword for PC support traditional interlinear view?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#11 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

thanks for help

#12 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:01 PM

Simple sample....

attachicon.gifInterlinear Test-1.jpg

Hi Roy,

I think you might have hit the proverbial nail on the head, and this could quite possibly work.

All one then needs to do is save the spreadsheet as a csv file, and then import into SQLite Manager. It seems, and I could be wrong about this, and if I am, please could someone correct me, that csv files cannot be imported into T4. If that is wrong, then praise God because that would make work a lot easier.

I hope that Eliran will pick this one up and test it out., and hope it works.

OK, just one thing I noticed in your sample Screenshot. Both Greek and Hebrew Strong Numbers do not require the <>, e.g., <G123> or <H123>. Simply G123 or H123 will simply suffice. The <G123> or <H123> Rick Meyers ditched ages ago.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#13 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:48 PM

<I Know > B)

I copied and pasted from another bible and just kept them.... besides i kinda like the visual effect.

i did try a quick test with the two tables in a bible module in TTnT and it was a no go..... the parser chocked on them me thinks.....

In a commentary and TopX file they work but so far I don't care for the formatting.

I thought I had read somewhere on here about being able to keep the whole table in the window despite the window size..... can't find it right now.....

i don't think I will be able to get what i really want.....something like LOGOS or WORDSearch has.... the table moves what would be columns around as the window changes size.

Attached File  John 1-1.png   21.79K   23 downloads   Attached File  john 1-1b.png   19.3K   13 downloads

Anyway... something to play with and think about.....

#14 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:00 PM

<I Know > B)

I copied and pasted from another bible and just kept them.... besides i kinda like the visual effect.

i did try a quick test with the two tables in a bible module in TTnT and it was a no go..... the parser chocked on them me thinks.....

In a commentary and TopX file they work but so far I don't care for the formatting.

I thought I had read somewhere on here about being able to keep the whole table in the window despite the window size..... can't find it right now.....

i don't think I will be able to get what i really want.....something like LOGOS or WORDSearch has.... the table moves what would be columns around as the window changes size.

attachicon.gifJohn 1-1.png   attachicon.gifjohn 1-1b.png

Maybe as a commentary file instead of a bible?

#15 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:12 AM

attachicon.gifJohn 1-1.png attachicon.gifjohn 1-1b.png

Hi Roy, I see your two screenshot. It looks great. is it possible to send me or attach here this sample e-Sword file? I want to check out the RTF codings for the tables. I like the verse changes with window screen sizes as your screenshot show. Many thanks.

I hope it work for Hebrew bible too. As the Hebrew text run from right to left. ... I imagine if I put Hebrew instead of Geek in your screenshot, that mean the first few words of the verse may probably drop into second or third line ...

Edited by Eliran Wong, 03 June 2016 - 12:27 AM.

#16 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:28 AM

Hi

First I'm 99.999 % positive that you can NOT do traditional Interlinear BIBLE with e-sword

but two questions where asked that I can help with 

!. viewing RTF code: In T4 tooltip NT In "view" menu go down to "View RTF" (tested)

2. converting HTML to RTF: HTML can be loaded into T4 in "FILE menu" go to "HTML" then choose "HTML file" (not tested)

DSaw

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#17 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:30 AM

Hi Roy, I see your two screenshot. It looks great. is it possible to send me or attach here this sample e-Sword file? I want to check out the RTF codings for the tables. I like the verse changes with window screen sizes as your screenshot show. Many thanks.

I am so sorry! I wish I could, but the screen shots are not from an e-Sword module but a commercial product (WORDSearch) and were only meant to be an example of what I wish e-Sword COULD do. I should have been a bit more specific in my explanation.

#18 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:39 AM

Maybe as a commentary file instead of a bible?

Yes.... this would let you lock-step the interlinear with a regular bible (of your choice). This is (visually at least) how I see some other products do it and would a least be do-able in e-Sword.

I still have to work out how to get the table to wrap in the display window. Limiting the number of columns "would" work I suppose... but I would rather not if I could get away with it.

Have to run... time to go to work....

Roy

#19 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

I am so sorry! I wish I could, but the screen shots are not from an e-Sword module but a commercial product (WORDSearch) and were only meant to be an example of what I wish e-Sword COULD do. I should have been a bit more specific in my explanation.

Thank you, anyway.  In addition to table-wrapping issue, do you think tables would work for Hebrew text, as its direction run from right to left?  does it mean one have to arrange the right side of the columns to the left, rather than simply setting the "rightoleft" attribute to 1?  In my Mac files, I simply set the "right to left" to 1, then everything work automatically, including the wrapping.

#20 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:41 PM

Thank you, anyway.  In addition to table-wrapping issue, do you think tables would work for Hebrew text, as its direction run from right to left?  does it mean one have to arrange the right side of the columns to the left, rather than simply setting the "rightoleft" attribute to 1?  In my Mac files, I simply set the "right to left" to 1, then everything work automatically, including the wrapping.

Tooltip NT has a feature that keeps Hebrew, Greek and other text's working correctly whether they run right to left or left to right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users