Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Lack of Functionality in Messaging Interface?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Gumaha

Gumaha

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPapua New Guinea

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:45 AM

Is anybody else (everybody else?) experiencing the same lack of functionality in the messaging interface where we keyboard forum messages?

I read quite a few posts but didn't see anything else about this topic. If I want to copy and paste text during message composition, that simply doesn't work at all. I cannot copy text from another app on my machine and paste it into the message window. Text already typed into in a message window cannot be cut from one location in that window and pasted into another location in that same window; it cannot be highlighted and formatted in a different font. None of the 'Paste' buttons works. If I click on the 'Paste from Word' button, nothing happens. I cannot paste text from Notepad++ using any of the methods that ordinarily work with g-mail or other keyboard entry spaces.

If in the middle of a line I click on the Font dropdown box and select a different font, the cursor jumps to the beginning of the line.

[These questions and comments are not meant to criticize the messaging interface, just to inquire if this kind of thing is 'normal' on the site. Everybody's busy. I understand 'not being able to get to it'.]

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users