Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

bblx module changes Latin font

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gtealw

gtealw

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:04 PM

Hi,

I am trying to create an NT Bible module that has both the Greek words and the English romanization (transliteration) to aid those who are trying to learn to pronounce the Greek (like me).

In order to line up the Greek words and their English counterpart I do something that is probably unconventional in bblx modules. In T4, the Greek text is on the same line as the verse reference. Between the Greek verse and the English verse, I insert a manual line break (not a paragraph mark) and tab. For alignment purposes this works great in e-Sword. However, the font for the English changes somewhere in the verse. It appears to change whenever a character with a circumflex is encountered. In my case, in e-Sword the font changes from Gentium (default Greek font) to Georgia (default font) This must happen when T4 processes the module before writing the .bblx file, since the English font is consistently Georgia and the Greek font is TITUS Cyberbit (processed by Greek Code Fixup). Please see the attached screen shots. It appears T4 cannot handle different fonts within the same verse.

Does anyone have a clue how I can fix this? Thanks in advance.

Blessings,

Andre

Attached Files

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:27 AM

Part of your problem is using the soft break vs the hard break when moving from one line to the next. When using the soft break the formatting from the first line continues into the next. 

As for the Greek Font make sure that e-sword is set to TITUS Cyberbit for Greek as this the default font for Greek in E-sword with the font setting is E-Sword set correctly everything should work fine. The font setting is E-sword and your bblx module need to match in order for your bblx to display correctly  

#3 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

Andre

If you can upload your T4 rtf file, me or someone else can take a look.

Jon

#4 gtealw

gtealw

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:14 AM

Hi Jon,

Attached is the rtf file. Thanks.

Edited by gtealw, 18 May 2016 - 01:10 PM.

#5 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:20 PM

Hi, I downloaded the rtf file. What I did to get the build working properly was to "reset ALL characters" from the tools menu and then  use the "Greek Unicode Fixup" again, and build the module. It looks ok to me.

Jon

#6 gtealw

gtealw

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:27 PM

Hi Jon, thanks for the tip. It works great.

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:28 PM

Hi Andre,

If, and I mean, If you want to get a sort of exact kind "match" in the text, try the following:

• Have line of Greek with a maximum about 6 or 8 words
  • Create a new line, and beneath the Greek Line place in the same amount of Transliterated words.
  • Space the corresponding Greek word to the transliterated word below it. (See example below)

In theory (because its never been done before) you could have it looking something like this:

Mat 20:9 και  ελθοντες  οι  περι  την   ενδεκατην

Kaí elthóntes hoi perí teén hendekáteen

ὥραν    ἔλαβον ἀνὰ  δηνάριον.

hoóran élabon aná deenárion.

Now, if something like this can be done, you would be the best friend everyone would really love to have.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 18 May 2016 - 03:30 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users