Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

kjv tvm bible

32 replies to this topic

#21 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:59 PM

Everybody,
I have been following this thread and am trying to figure out why not just use RMAC with a GNT+ like the TR+ because the morph codes are right there in the display, including TVM for the verbs not to mention morph basic analysis for the other parts of speech. Am I missing something in the dialogue? My husband uses this method and he does not know Greek.

Just a tad of a correction here. The GNT+ and GNT-TR+ do not contain the RMAC code. Only the GNT-BYZ+ text does. With that said, I quite a agree with the rest of what you said.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#22 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:57 PM

Everybody,
I have been following this thread and am trying to figure out why not just use RMAC with a GNT+ like the TR+ because the morph codes are right there in the display, including TVM for the verbs not to mention morph basic analysis for the other parts of speech. Am I missing something in the dialogue? My husband uses this method and he does not know Greek.

While the morph codes of the KJV+ TVM are limited contain it also some Hebrew morph codes for the Old Testament.

For Greek New Testament morph codes is TRi or TRa a better choice.

But the TRi is another translation then the KJV so if you want to know how literary the KJV really is then are those with GNT-TR+ or GNT-TR the best modules available.

The GNT module is not a TR module but based on Greek Orthodox Church "Patriarchal" 1912 (it is an update of the 1904 version).

GNT-BYZ+ is also not TR based but taken from Byzantine Majority 2005 Maurice A. Robinson and William G. Pierpont

Edited by Katoog, 25 May 2016 - 11:28 PM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#23 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:26 PM

Hi Jogirl

Yes I agree, they could have used the GNT+ or the Tri+.  We are blessed with many good Bible files.  It just worked out that when TC asked if someone knew where to get the KJV+TVM I had it on a storage disk.  Larry was kind enough to allow me to pass the files on. 

For myself I use the IWH+P and the Tri+ as they use different source materials. Having looked at the KJV+TVM I may put it back on my system or maybe not. Sometimes having so many Bibles to pick from is a bad thing.

Gal 2:20

I’m willing to compromise about many things, but not the Word of God 

There must be conviction before there can be conversion 

#24 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:21 AM

Just a tad of a correction here. The GNT+ and GNT-TR+ do not contain the RMAC code. Only the GNT-BYZ+ text does. With that said, I quite a agree with the rest of what you said.

Blessings,

I am scratching my head here since my screenshot looks to me like I am using the Greek New Testament TR+ with the RMAC. ???Attached File  image.jpg   178.97K   22 downloads

#25 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:18 AM

Everybody,

What the person who started this thread wants is the KJV-TVM bible module not a dictionary module

#26 TC Exagorazo

TC Exagorazo

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:50 PM

Hi everyone, I seem to have created quite a discussion with my request. All I wanted was the KJV+TVM Bible to go along with the BTSCTVM dictionary I have in my e-Sword so that I can know the tense, voice, and mood in the Greek and the stem in the Hebrew. By the way Dale, thanks to you I was able to install the KJV+TVM Bible into my e-Sword. THANKs A MILLION. It is wonderful to get help from a brother!! Anyway, I hope that I have not caused any problems with my request. I will appreciate any feedback.

Thank you very much Dale for your help.

TC

#27 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:16 PM

TC Exagorazo: look to your settings of the PM and chat. I think that they are blocked.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#28 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:28 PM

Thanks, gentlemen, for sharing your knowledge of this module. Because it contains some morphology information for Hebrew, it is of value beyond the RMAC.

#29 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:32 PM

Hi TC  Not a problem at this end. Only took a couple of  Emails and a phone call.  The KJV+TVM was just sitting there on my storage drive.  I had forgotten about it, so this is a good thing.  I put the KJV+TVM and the BTSCTVM back on my system.  Gives me another file to view the text from. 

Now what I need is a dictionary that uses the Greek word not the Strong's #.  Sure would make studies easier.

Dale

Gal 2:20

I’m willing to compromise about many things, but not the Word of God 

There must be conviction before there can be conversion 

#30 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:43 PM

I am scratching my head here since my screenshot looks to me like I am using the Greek New Testament TR+ with the RMAC. ???attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Well, well, well! I am surprised, and I genuinely mean it. And I stand corrected.

Due to the fact that there are that many GNT texts of all shapes and sizes floating around, that the GNT-TR+ has not been on my list as a priority to download considering that I've got the GNT-BYZ+, and that if there is any differences between the the two texts, then they could be regarded as, ummm, nit picking type differences. The reasons for this kind of conclusion is because I've read somewhere (can't remember where) that the GNT-TR and the Majority text are seen as Byzantine type texts. And so with that one seems to get a pretty much the muchness kind of result. Of course I could be totally wrong, and that the author of the article who wrote about the BYZ, TR, and Majority texts could be totally wrong.

By the way, I've even downloaded the NA26 from here, and as to the reason for that, I have no idea. Gotta be crazy. :wacko:

So, with all of that, thanks a heap for correcting me on that one, despite the fact that I hate to be wrong :lol:.

Blessing,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users