Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

How to back up "Notes" without having to copy and paste each separate one

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ernest Smith_226497

Ernest Smith_226497

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLeesburg, GA

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

Previously I lost all my e-sword notes, journal, topic and study.  I would like to back up the ones I have now without having to copy and paste each separate entry.  I was told to "Backup/copy the contents of your e-Sword *user* directory (typically

"Libraries\Documents\My Documents\e-Sword\")."  But when I tried to open this in "My Documents" it said it was a JNLX file and nothing would open it on my computer.

I'm lost on how to continue.

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:30 AM

Previously I lost all my e-sword notes, journal, topic and study.  I would like to back up the ones I have now without having to copy and paste each separate entry.  I was told to "Backup/copy the contents of your e-Sword *user* directory (typically

"Libraries\Documents\My Documents\e-Sword\")."  But when I tried to open this in "My Documents" it said it was a JNLX file and nothing would open it on my computer.

I'm lost on how to continue.

You can only open JNLX files using the Journal editor in E-sword, to make a back up copy of the files in your e-sword user directory you need to copy the files. Simply right click the JNLX file in user directory and the paste it to where you want the back up copy located 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users