Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

MyBible for Android

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:30 AM

How does such a system handle Hebrew and Greek Homographs?

I use either one of the following approaches to handle homographs, while converting lexicons to MyBible:

for example: if a word, "WORD", two meanings with the same spelling, "MEANING1" & "MEANING 2"

approach A:

- for Greek, I will add two entries in language file, "el.dictionary.SQLite3", one entry mapping WORD to "WORD1", another entry mapping "WORD" to "WORD2"

- in Greek lexicon, create two different topics, "WORD1" and "WORD2" and put "MEANING1" & "MEANING 2" in definition field accordingly.

in this way, when you click the word "WORD" in bible modules, there will appear a dropdown list of 2 options, "WORD1" and "WORD2", at the right top corner of MyBible.  click up to your choice will bring you to definition of your choice.  this features is really good, just like searching oxford dictionary app in Android, always provide different entry options, if there are different meanings of the same spellings.

approach B:

sometimes, I am little bit lazy, simply combine two entries into one, separated by a horizontal line <hr>

the above applies only in the current version, a better one is coming.

MyBible team is going to release a new version 4.5.2 to add even better support for dictionary lookup, you may see the coming new features, highlighted in yellow, at https://docs.google....7cM0vcimlA/edit

one of the team member further explain with the following:

Eliran,

We plan to add support for lexicons in such a way:
- You creare your new dictionary of type 'lexicon'
- You add a table words to the dictionary for each word of Bible so as:
  -- if the word has only one corresponding Lexicon ID in all the verses you add to words only one record: wird - LexiconID 
  -- if the word has different meanings and different corresponding LexiconID you add records for each ocurrences of this word: word - LexiconID - book - chapter - verse.

- When you select the lexicon as the current dictionary and then click on the word in the Bible, the lookup algorithm finds the appropriate LexiconID and shows the topic.
- But if the algorithm find more then one LexiconIDs, it shows you a list of topics. It could be if two equal words with different LexiconIDs are in the same verse. It's rare but possible.

You can create different variants of lexicons including for example a translation from Strong and morphological information from RMAC. If you create words correctly you could use such a lexicon with any Bible module.

All you should do is to select your lexicon as the current dictionary.

--
Oleg

#22 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:01 AM

Thanks Eliran, it looks like the developer is doing a great job for a new release. I am really pleased with MySword  :) [edit] I meant MyBible

Edited by JPG, 27 June 2016 - 07:32 AM.

#23 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:30 AM

You wrote "MySword", I mean MyBible

#24 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:33 AM

I did mean MyBible, but typed MySword. I must be half asleep, or is it half awake.

#25 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:44 PM

I did mean MyBible, but typed MySword. I must be half asleep, or is it half awake.

It's either way. And guess what?! I happens to me as well.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#26 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:12 PM

I also recommend "Show usage tips" > "dictionaries" > read the last item in the list and try. MyBible is really way much better than both e-Sword and MySword in terms of dictionary lookup. I never found any other bible freeware equip with such great feature.

now I use MyBible rather than MySword most of the time, unless I need some bible Atlas or book modules, which MyBible has yet to support.

Edited by Eliran Wong, 27 June 2016 - 05:14 PM.

#27 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:45 AM

Bible Analyzer has this feature, and it syncs on Dct, Cmt, Bk. It also highlights the references.

#28 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:39 AM

Great!

#29 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:13 AM

edit: I removed the google shared link. instead of sharing through google link, I will submit the modules to MyBible development team for wider audience.

Edited by Eliran Wong, 07 July 2016 - 05:09 PM.

#30 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:51 PM

I had a look at this program on Google Play, and watched the video, and going by what I have seen, it appears to be a very good program. Moreover, when looked at it in comparison with MySword, I think MyBible would totally beat it hands down.

The biggest plus I see what MyBible has over MySword is that its free, and its not crippled. MyBible, like e-Sword for PC is both free and a fully working Bible study program, as where the "free" edition of MySword isn't. And then add in the fact that with MyBible, one doesn't have to pay anything for a fully working program, as where with MySword one has to pay US$20 plus to get some reasonable functionality, and US$50 plus to get full functionality.

I will give this program some serious consideration before downloading.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users