Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

MyBible for Android

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#11 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:08 AM

No idea. Perhaps you should contact the developer to ask if this function is available.

Jon

reply from MyBible's developer:

Morphological codes in MyBible are not meant to be clickable by themselves. They are additions to Strong's numbers standing before them. In order for all this to work, a special table explaining morphological codes needs to be placed to a Strong's lexicon module. At this point, we have this done only for Russian and Czech Strong's lexicon modules. But now that we have your inquiry, Oleg, the MyBible team member who works on dictionaries and rare language modules, will work to provide morphology support in English Strong's Lexicon modules, Strong and BDB-T.

As for RMAC, it is not suitable for this. This is just some English dictionary.

#12 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:52 AM

Thanks for getting that info. I am not sure it makes any sense.

Jon

#13 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:22 AM

Thanks for getting that info. I am not sure it makes any sense.

Jon

I guess they combine morphology information and Strong's no. in a single dictionary. ... will see ...
though MyBible is not sophisicated and well-developd as MySword (I mean, deluxe version), but it is genuinely free (do not request so-called "donation" for unlock) and offline.

what is attractive to many who don't create modules themselves, I think, is the availability of many wanted modules:
http://www.ph4.ru/en...x.php?q=mybible

Edited by Eliran Wong, 17 June 2016 - 05:22 AM.

#14 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:29 PM

though MyBible is not sophisticated and well-developed as MySword (I mean, deluxe version), but it is genuinely free (do not request so-called "donation" for unlock) and offline.

You never hit the nail on the head so much as you have here, and I totally agree with you.

With that, I'm sort of half tempted to give this program a try, and see what it's like, and if I find that its better than MySword I'll keep it.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#15 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:12 PM

hi APsit190,

write back on what you find out about it.

thanks

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#16 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:40 AM

I found the dictionary "gr-en" is useful, but not found it e-Sword or MySword. Double-clicking a Greek word get both parsing and simple definition with this dictionary. I think this dictionary can work in MySword and e-Sword (Apple, but NOT PC).  remarks: this dictionary is very large in size, take long time for indexing for 1st use in MyBible.   If put in e-Sword (Apple), I think, can be used directly.

FYI, MyBible team had updated their Strong dictionary to include parsing in English.

Blessings,
Eliran

Edited by Eliran Wong, 18 June 2016 - 02:46 AM.

#17 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:52 PM

in case anyone is interested to convert MySword or Apple e-Sword bible modules to MyBible, here is a simple script for basic conversion.  just share ... I may try to help with this script, but no guarantee ... I suppose many power users here can understand the script.  you are welcomed to modify or adopt this script, to suit your need.

remarks: This is a very simple unix script.  I run this script in Mac.  If you run in other platforms, you may need to modify the command path.

instructions (how I use this script):

1) unzip the folder to a <location>

2) put your MySword or Apple e-Sword bible modules inside the folder "run" (rename all files according to abbreviation, like "NIV.bbl.mybible" or "NIV.bbli")

3) open terminal

4) run 'cd <location>'

5) run './bible2MyBible.sh'

that's it.  find your original MySword or Apple e-Sword file(s) and newly created MyBible modules in the folder "run".

Attached Files

Edited by Eliran Wong, 19 June 2016 - 04:28 PM.

#18 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:39 AM

in case anyone is interested to convert MySword or Apple e-Sword bible modules to MyBible, here is a simple script for basic conversion.  just share ... I may try to help with this script, but no guarantee ... I suppose many power users here can understand the script.  you are welcomed to modify or adopt this script, to suit your need.

remarks: This is a very simple unix script.  I run this script in Mac.  If you run in other platforms, you may need to modify the command path.

instructions (how I use this script):

1) unzip the folder to a <location>

2) put your MySword or Apple e-Sword bible modules inside the folder "run" (rename all files according to abbreviation, like "NIV.bbl.mybible" or "NIV.bbli")

3) open terminal

4) run 'cd <location>'

5) run './bible2MyBible.sh'

that's it.  find your original MySword or Apple e-Sword file(s) and newly created MyBible modules in the folder "run".

this newer one, added support for conversion e-Sword (Apple) bible modules with Apocrypha books.  You may check the file "bible2MyBible.sh" for this option.  Eliran

Attached Files

#19 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:40 AM

I found the most powerful and unique feature is how it handle dictionary lookup. It has a database file for each language to check variants of a particular word, before going to dictionary entry of the lexeme form.

For example, in Greek bible module, click any Greek word in manuscript form, MyBible direct user to dictionary entry of its lexeme form. this feature makes lexeme-based lexicons say, LSJU or BDAG, very useful in a freeware.

I think this feature is so unique among most, if not all bible frewares. I only found this feature or lexeme matching in paid software, like Logos, accordance or biblework

Both e-Sword and MySword definitely lack this, which makes creation of a usefule Hebrew and Greek lexicon very clumsy. I hope both MySword or e-Sword will consider adding support of this.

#20 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:02 AM

How does such a system handle Hebrew and Greek Homographs?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users