Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

MyBible for Android

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:38 AM

Attached File  logo.png   24.63K   17 downloads

Has anyone else tried this program for Android. 

How do you think it compares to MySword? In donation amount(read price), and functionality/resources.

Any other observations...

Website link

Jon

#2 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:20 PM

this app offer many bible modules (even many copyrighted materials, this app has two website links), but their qualities are very inconsistent.  I tried some times ago, in terms of functions, I think MySword is much better than this.  but in terms of money, ... 

#3 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:49 AM

I have used MyBible, for over a month, and I am very impressed. There are many features to explore for which a constant review and use of the 'Usage tips' is needed to realise its full potential.

When comparing the two programs it is only fair to compare the regular version of each, which makes the comparison a 'no-brainer' as MyBible only has a 'bells and whistles' version that is totally free.

There is an excellent video presentation of some of its features here.

https://youtu.be/XeUQIY5thb0

#4 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:32 AM

thanks for sharing.  I should try more and explore more its features.  I like genuine freeware too.

I remember one good thing about MyBible is its flexibility on versification.

MySword is so fixed on 1189 chapters of 66 books only whereas MyBible or e-Sword supports more.

I should re-download and try again.  thanks.

#5 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:33 PM

Hi
How do i convert my e-Sword modules to mybible?

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#6 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:58 PM

You should email the developer to see if they use a custom tool.

On their website there is information and links of how to make modules. It appears that the content of the SQLite files is html and custom html tags. Anyway the info is all there. Notice on the website on the left there are two tabs 'Users' and 'Doers', (I like it <_< )

If you get any info let us know.

Jon

#7 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:29 PM

I had checked some modules the first time I installed the app.  It is quite easy to convert between MyBible & e-Sword Mac and MySword.

#8 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:39 PM

I remember Mybible's developer had sent me an arc package long time ago. that means users can run MyBible through Chrome in PC or Mac. I am not sure if they update the package.

#9 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:55 PM

I have used MyBible, for over a month, and I am very impressed. There are many features to explore for which a constant review and use of the 'Usage tips' is needed to realise its full potential.
When comparing the two programs it is only fair to compare the regular version of each, which makes the comparison a 'no-brainer' as MyBible only has a 'bells and whistles' version that is totally free.

There is an excellent video presentation of some of its features here.

https://youtu.be/XeUQIY5thb0

do you know how to check NT morphological information in RMAC? I found double-tap don't work. any tips on this?

#10 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:36 PM

No idea. Perhaps you should contact the developer to ask if this function is available.

Jon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users