Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

MyBible for Android

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:39 PM

Oh so no module creation tool Like T4 

I use a simple text editor and a SQLite editor only.

Converting Apple e-Sword or MySword modules to MyBible is very simple, as they both use html.

Edited by Eliran Wong, 30 July 2016 - 02:21 PM.

#42 RobertNaf

RobertNaf

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationArchangelsk

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:17 AM

Hi...I am new here.....and hope you can help with a question... MW pro 6.3 Is there a way to use MW on an Android...without having to process mail at the desktop.? Many thanks... Ponder

#43 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:55 PM

Attached File  Screenshot_2016-08-23-20-53-57.png   388.62K   40 downloads

Exciting!  MyBible 4.6 is at work.  This screenshot was taken from an alpha version of 4.6 (not yet official).

... the screenshot was taken after clicking the first word of Hebrew bible.

... not only analyze different parts of a single Hebrew word

... also list all dictionaries, which have corresponding entries.

... clicking an abbreviation on the list ... jump to that dictionary

I am really impressed ... many other features as well ...

MyBible team is really serious on dictionary lookup ...

just to share

Blessings,

Eliran

#44 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:56 PM

How does such a system handle Hebrew and Greek Homographs?

Hi Jon,

The forthcoming version 4.6 is great.  After trying for a week, I can confirm that version 4.6 does solve the issue of Homographs very well.

I am testing alpha 21 version of 4.6.

I had reformatted some Hebrew and Greek dictionaries to fit in this new structure, like OSHL, BDB.

... simply add a word table to map all words and entries gives a very accurate result.

... the lookup feature is so direct and accurate.

For bible software developers, you may find the new dictionary feature at this revised google document, 

"Format of the modules" available at http://mybible.zone/wanted-eng.php (link to this google document available at left panel)

... not sure if MySword or e-Sword will incorporate these features in the future.

I think these are essential for proper study of original languages.

I am not sure if anyone else are using MyBible, I can share those license-free dictionaries, once official version of MyBible 4.6 is published.

Blessings,

Eliran

Edited by Eliran Wong, 07 September 2016 - 03:08 PM.

#45 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:01 PM

Hi,

... share a unique feature about Strong's no. in forthcoming MyBible version 4.6 ...

Today, I found another fantastic feature for lookup of Strong's number.  In all other bible free-wares, Strong's numbers can only be used to look up entries in Strong-number-type dictionary.  So many people work very hard to map Strong's numbers with lexical form for individual dictionaries.  For example, many people use BDB and LSJ keyed with Strong's numbers. ( I did key mapping with BDAG and HALOT ... now I believe it is not a good practice.)

Why is it not a good practice?  Like BDB, it has more entries than the total number of Strong's numbers, that's why part of original materials was cut due to the fact that they may not fit in Strong's numbers.  In order to reserve those good materials, module creator will make one dictionary with Strong's numbers, and one without Strong's number.  That's was my old practice to fit in limited functions of most bible freewares.  ( In the past, I formatted a reduced material of BDB and LSJ in Strong's-number-typed-dictionary.  At the same time, I keep unabridged material of BDB and LSJ in NON-Strong-number-typed dictionary. ).  I believe that's bad, wasting space to duplicate materials and make maintenance difficult.  It is also very clumsy to switch between Strong number and lexical modes of the same dictionary.

Good news is that I finally found a trick in MyBible version 4.6, to use Strong's numbers' links (even in non-Greek, non-Hebrew, e.g. English bibles) to check dictionary entries in NON-Strong-number-type dictionary.

I attached 3 screenshots with this email.  One use Strong number to search a Strong-number-typed lexicon, which surprise no one as it does the job as most bible softwares do.  Only difference is that MyBible is the first bible app to display Hebrew morphology explanation and Strong's dictionary content at the same time, in dictionary window.  At the moment, I only found this possible in MyBible in terms of genuine free bible app.  If I modify my old MySword modules to achieve the same result, I can imagine it would requires me multiple of extra effort and device's storage space.

Another two screenshots shows that MyBible 4.6 is now able to use Strong's number link to check NON-Strong-number-typed dictionary, i.e. entries in original Greek and Hebrew lexical forms, which are NOT a Strong's numbers.  In these two screenshots, both dictionaries Genesius and LSJ are NOT Strong's numbers typed dictionaries.  In most other softwares, only reading  bible modules in original language may check this kind of dictionary.  But now, as in these screenshots, the bible module is in English , I can use Strong numbers to check Hebrew and Greek lexical forms in Gesenius and LSJ lexicon directly.  I do not need to key map individual dictionary with Strong numbers one by one.  I only need to put a general table for mapping Strong's numbers to lexical form (for general purpose, effective for all dictionaries), without altering individual dictionaries themselves one by one.

I am planning to share some license-free dictionaries when MyBible 4.6 is released.  let me know if anyone is interested, just drop me a message ... I will send you a link once official MyBible 4.6 is available.

Blessings
Eliran

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   1.17MB   52 downloads
  • Attached File  2.png   1.28MB   32 downloads
  • Attached File  3.png   1.52MB   26 downloads

#46 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:44 PM

attached some screenshots here, focus mainly on two new features:

1) Strong's numbers' replacement for display, users can choose to display what kind of information instead of meaningless numbers.  You may find from screenshots here that this new feature could turn all bibles tagged with Strong's numbers into interlinear or reverse-interlinear bibles.

2) cognate grouping of Strong's numbers appear at the end of each Strong's number entry.

I will package some self-made modules and send a sharing link to those who are interested once version 4.6 of MyBible is released ... pm me or email me (the developer aimed to release this version at the end of December).

Attached Files

#47 eirud20

eirud20

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:59 PM

attached some screenshots here, focus mainly on two new features:

1) Strong's numbers' replacement for display, users can choose to display what kind of information instead of meaningless numbers.  You may find from screenshots here that this new feature could turn all bibles tagged with Strong's numbers into interlinear or reverse-interlinear bibles.

2) cognate grouping of Strong's numbers appear at the end of each Strong's number entry.

I will package some self-made modules and send a sharing link to those who are interested once version 4.6 of MyBible is released ... pm me or email me (the developer aimed to release this version at the end of December).

Thank you. We will wait for version 4.6

#48 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:43 AM

a screenshot for another new feature ( a screenshot taken from an alpha version of forthcoming MyBible 4.6 )

feature: Strong's number filtering in search results

in this example, I search the Strong's number G652

forthcoming version will list all different translations which are tagged with the same Strong's number, the list here is: "apostles," "apostle," "messenger," "super-apostles," "representatives"

when users click the link G652 before the list, search result, at the bottom part, include all verses with words tagged with G652

when users click the link "messenger", search result lists only verses with words of combination of both "G652" and "messenger".

I did not come across this kind of feature in other freewares, please kindly let me know if any.  thanks.

Attached Files

#49 sandnomad

sandnomad

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:06 PM

I recently began using the MyBible software and have been pleased with it.  I used to use MySword on my old Kindle Fire and gave an initial $10 donation a few years ago in order to unlock the Search Options, but with the new software update, the Search Option is again greyed out, and support made no effort to reinstate my Search Options but stated that they would refund my money, and I told them they could keep it, because it is not about the unrighteous silver.  I also noticed that now any cross reference usage also requires an upgrade to the Premium or Deluxe Edition to view cross references.  I even went as far as to buy a new Kindle Fire HD, because I thought the new software may have been incompatible with the old Kindle Fire, but that didn't work either, and I was told by support that I would have to donate again for each additional piece of new hardware on which I used their application, which is ridiculous.  So, I found MyBible and have been using it for awhile now, and there are many modules to go along with it.  It does many things for free that MySword requires you to pay for, and you can install it on as many devices as you like for free.  I don't mind giving donations, but for someone to cripple Scriptural software unless you pay money is asinine.  God gave us His Word freely, and I don't believe that He intended for it to be sold like chattel, even though MySword calls it "seed" money.  If you plant a seed, it will grow on its own, but with MySword the more "seed" money you give, the more "seeds" you have to purchase to use it.  I believe they are following the wrong path, because Jesus performed miracles and never charged anyone for them, and we should all follow His example.  Selling God's Word has become commonplace with both religious denominations and its software developers, and there is not one single verse in Scripture that validates selling the Word of God. 

Edited by sandnomad, 19 December 2016 - 12:07 PM.

#50 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:19 AM

MyBible have released an update 4.6.0 you can get from the Play Store.

Features and fixes page here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users