Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

MyBible for Android

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:57 PM

The strength of MyBible is its dictionary lookup features.  One of unique features I found in MyBible, but missing in both MySword and e-Sword is that MyBible process mapping of variants to lexemes.  I had put LXX and Greek lexicons, clicking every word links me to a proper dictionary entry.  For Hebrew Bible, after I set up a language mapping file, MyBible tells me how many parts each Hebrew word have, before I chose a particular one for dictionary lookup.  This free dictionary lookup feature in MyBible is just like some advanced and expensive bible softwares, like bibleworks, accordance, or logos.  In terms of dictionary lookup, both MySword or e-Sword is way too far behind.

You may find MySword or e-Sword beat MyBible in some other areas, but not dictionary lookup.  MyBible team is working another update to further boost the dictionary lookup feature.

As you may know, I had created some MySword modules and share here at biblesupport.com .  I found those modules work much better and more "natural" in MyBible.

Only thing I don't like MyBible is its lack of book modules.  I must keep e-Sword or MySword for many beautiful bible Atlas, which I created.

Edited by Eliran Wong, 28 July 2016 - 06:03 PM.

#32 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:10 PM

Edited by Eliran Wong, 28 July 2016 - 05:59 PM.

#33 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:46 AM

General comments.

Setting the program to 'Full Mode' in the settings is a good start to exploring all the features. Next is to work your way through the usage tips, otherwise great features will be missed. 

What I also like is that the developer website (I like the 'users' and 'doers' tabs there), is totally open about how to format resources, with all the technical details, and video (that sounds like English being spoken backwards). I found it very easy to make a dictionary and a Bible, and how to have a Hebrew/Greek Bible display book names in English. Also I like that there are a couple of persons that assist on module making, along with the developer (Denys Dolganenko).

Jon

#34 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:20 AM

General comments.

Setting the program to 'Full Mode' in the settings is a good start to exploring all the features. Next is to work your way through the usage tips, otherwise great features will be missed. 

Jon

may I add two more preparatory steps?
1) to make room for large modules, create a folder "ua.mybible" in SD card , SD card/Android/data/, then go to the third tab/section of MyBible settings, change data directory at the bottom.

2) to properly display all text of Hebrew (with vowels), Greek(with accents, and English. Download "FreeSerif" (I download from MySword.info), and install in folder ua.mybible/MyBible/user/fonts
then go to theme settings, select FreeSerif for "verse text", and press the 3-dot ... button at right upper corner of theme settings, select "copy font name to all items"

Blessings,
Eliran

#35 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:56 PM

Only thing I don't like MyBible is its lack of book modules.  I must keep e-Sword or MySword for many beautiful bible Atlas, which I created.

Hi Eliran,

Just a couple of thoughts on that note.

The Books aspect, and also (and I could be wrong here) the lack of commentary resources is what is holding me back on downloading this program. If these features were added to MyBible, I would download it and install it in a heartbeat, and would uninstall MySword. I wouldn't look back at that kind of decision.

With that said, when it comes to e-Sword itself, this program is a real main stayer, and that will always be continuously used. In fact, I think if MyBible and e-Sword resources were (to be) compatible  to each other, then these two would make great bed mates as that would really give these programs total interoperability between them. And then, this would make MyBible the Clayton's version of e-Sword for Android.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#36 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:04 AM

Hi Eliran,

Just a couple of thoughts on that note.

The Books aspect, and also (and I could be wrong here) the lack of commentary resources is what is holding me back on downloading this program. ...

Hi Stephen,

attached a screenshot, may give you some idea what commentary may put in MyBible.  Actually, converting e-Sword commentary to MyBible is quite straight-forward.

for books, though MyBible doesn't have book panel, but its bible panel has extra capabilities to display non-canon books.  I not only put apocrypha in MyBible, I am working to put non-biblical part of Dead Sea Scroll text and church fathers materials.  In my experience, the readings of these kinds of materials in MyBible makes more sense than in book section of e-Sword.   e-Sword accepts only 66 bibles and only a few selection of apocrypha books.  In MyBible, module creator can assign an extra book number and abbreviation to a book.

with that said, at the moment, I still have some Bible Atlas left in e-Sword modules.  I think it is the best to put Altas as dictionary modules in MyBible, as next version of MyBible supports word mappings.  I can imagine I can click a place name within the bible, like "Jerusalem", it will take me to a corresponding map automatically.  So, I will wait for next version before converting the Atlas modules.  I think that's would be what I want.

at the moment, I mainly use e-Sword in laptop and MyBible in mobile, I think they are the best FREE bible softwares for those who use Macbook and Android.  remarks: Macbook don't has many FREE options.

Blessings,

Eliran

Attached Files

Edited by Eliran Wong, 30 July 2016 - 09:06 AM.

#37 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:47 AM

In MyBible, module creator 

MyBible has a module creator??  MORE info please where can I download

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#38 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:17 AM

'module creator' as in 'the creator of the module', not a specific tool.

#39 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:59 PM

MyBible has a module creator??  MORE info please where can I download

There are two links for downloading modules:

1) http://mybible.zone/b-eng.php (resource list here is the same as the one shown in built-in download manger of MyBible app)

2) http://www.ph4.ru/en...x.php?q=mybible (this one contain more "wanted" modules)

For modules making,

http://mybible.zone/wanted-eng.php (click the options at left panel)

especially useful is this google document,

https://docs.google....it?pref=2&pli=1

#40 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:15 PM

'module creator' as in 'the creator of the module', not a specific tool.

Oh so no module creation tool Like T4 

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users