Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword window won't stay maximized

2 replies to this topic

#1 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:12 PM

I'm a creature of habit and like to run my Bible program in a maximized window as doing so makes it easier to read all four sub-windows. I can maximize it and it might reopen the same way for 2 or 3 days, but eventually it opens in a 'Normal' window, yet [almost] maximized. I run a lot of different software every day and this is the only program I'm aware of that refuses to retain my preference. M$-Office, LibreOffice, Firefox, Solitaire, you name it: everything else reopens as it did when last closed. Is there a setting somewhere -- either in e-Sword or Windoze -- to make it always start up maximized?

If not and as an alternative, could I permanently readjust the "Normal" window size to my preference (at least 30%-40% smaller than the default) rather than being forced to accept the programmer's preference? That way, I would know immediately after launch that my Bible, commentary, editor and dictionary windows are not going to scroll as I expected instead of having to find out the hard way. I still love e-Sword more than any Bible program I've used and will continue to use it regardless. Either of these two options would just make it a good bit more enjoyable however.

FWIW, I'm running Windoze 10 at the current time. This has always been a problem, though, so it's doubtful the OS version really matters. TIA for any response/s.

#2 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

I've never had a problem like this and have been running e-Sword for many years. Here's the only thing I can think of trying:

Open e-Sword

Maximize the window

Click Help on the top command row

Click Reset e-Sword Settings

I hope this helps.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:22 PM

I've never had a problem like this and have been running e-Sword for many years. Here's the only thing I can think of trying:

Open e-Sword

Maximize the window

Click Help on the top command row

Click Reset e-Sword Settings

I hope this helps.

Hi Journey,

Actually, that wont do it at all.

Here is how to do it:

1.  Right Click on the e-Sword shortcut icon on the desktop or wherever you may have it
  2. At the bottom of the Pop Menu, click on Properties.
  3. In the Properties Dialog, click on the Run combobox, and select Maximized.
  4. Click the Apply button, and then click on the OK button.

See Screenshot below.

Attached File  Screenshot 2016-04-19 14.21.57.png   808.64K   13 downloads

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 18 April 2016 - 08:23 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users