Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Greek Dictionary Term does not display correctly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gtealw

gtealw

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:13 PM

Hi,

I am trying to create a dictionary module from a lexicon in ToolTip Tool NT. The dictionary terms are Greek words (not Strong's #). The terms (e.g. ὧδε) display fine in the topics panel on the right. However, the same word is messed up as the heading (de) in the dictionary window even though it displays fine in the rest of the definitions. I ran Greek Unicode Fixup.

I have attached a screen grab of e-sword and ToolTip.

Does anyone have a suggestions to fix it to display the header correctly? Thanks.

Attached Files

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:53 PM

Hi,

I am trying to create a dictionary module from a lexicon in ToolTip Tool NT. The dictionary terms are Greek words (not Strong's #). The terms (e.g. ὧδε) display fine in the topics panel on the right. However, the same word is messed up as the heading (de) in the dictionary window even though it displays fine in the rest of the definitions. I ran Greek Unicode Fixup.

I have attached a screen grab of e-sword and ToolTip.

Does anyone have a suggestions to fix it to display the header correctly? Thanks.

You might want to check which font is selected for Greek text in Esword not sure if that is the issue or not since I do not make many dictionary modules myself 

#3 gtealw

gtealw

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:49 PM

Hi TJ, Thanks for the suggestion. However, changing the Greek font through Options > Fonts > Greek makes no difference.

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:12 PM

Hi TJ, Thanks for the suggestion. However, changing the Greek font through Options > Fonts > Greek makes no difference.

Have you tried deleting and re-entering the definition in question? Maybe that will eliminate the issue, the Tooltip manual does not have a lot of information regarding dictionary module creation so I am not sure what the issue could be unless there is an incorrect setting in Tooltip itself 

Edited by Tj Higgins, 12 April 2016 - 03:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users