Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How to view cmtx files in e-sword

2 replies to this topic

#1 HMonk

HMonk

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:26 PM

I DL'ed and installed the Barclay commentary in e-sword; the 20 MB file was installed in the e-sword root directory.

When I open e-sword, I cannot find any option to view the commentary - having clicked on every button/option.

So, how do I access/view this or any other module I in e-Sword? I could not find any answer in a Net search or FAQ other than install instructions - seemingly implying that installed modules are readily seen/accessed from within the GUI. 

Thanks,

Monk 

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:51 PM

I DL'ed and installed the Barclay commentary in e-sword; the 20 MB file was installed in the e-sword root directory.

When I open e-sword, I cannot find any option to view the commentary - having clicked on every button/option.

So, how do I access/view this or any other module I in e-Sword? I could not find any answer in a Net search or FAQ other than install instructions - seemingly implying that installed modules are readily seen/accessed from within the GUI. 

Thanks,

Monk 

There is tab marked commentaries along the left edge of e-sword along with tabs marked editors and dictionaries 

#3 HMonk

HMonk

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:03 PM

Thanks, Tj,

The tabs only appear if one "auto hides" the respective windows; mine are all expanded and no DSB is displayed.

It finally dawned on me that since Barclay's is a N.T. commentary only, the commentary might not be able to be viewed outside the context of viewing a particular N.T. book or verse, i.e., it cannot be viewed independently. Alas, this seems to be true since the commentary popped into view when I clicked on Mt. 1:1.  A duh , , , moment.

Thanks for your input, which further stimulated this old man's thinking.

Monk 

Edited by HMonk, 14 March 2016 - 09:04 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users