Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How fix "Error encountered opening Bible file"

3 replies to this topic

#1 bookworm1711

bookworm1711

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:57 AM

I just upgraded my e-Sword Bible program to the latest version yesterday. The program works well, all is there, including materials I had in my previous version from 2011.

The Problem:  When I open my word processor (Microsoft Office Word 2007) I get this error message:

e-Sword Macros

(x) Error encountered opening Bible file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Word\A Conservative Version (ACV).bblx

for all 59 Bible, commentary, and dictionary modules installed in my e-Sword program.

This happens in sequence when opening my word processing program even when e-Sword is closed. In order to use my word processing program I must dismiss (click on "x" or "OK") 59 times in a row.

This problem never occurred when I upgraded e-Sword before, perhaps in 2009 and then in 2011.

(As you can see, this is my first post here. I participated briefly on the former forum titled "e-Sword Users" or something like that in February of 2010. As a result of the discussion then with Dr. David T. Thomason and Dr. Brent Hildebrand and several others, I have worked full time 7 days a week for 2016 days to produce the requested enhanced and expanded Comprehensive Cross Reference Treasury, a far more complete edition and upgrade of my previous two works of Bible cross references, The New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge and Nelson's Cross Reference Guide to the Bible. I have just completed my project and am ready to learn how to make it into an e-Sword module, once I get the above issue resolved).

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Edited by bookworm1711, 09 March 2016 - 10:14 AM.

#2 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:03 AM

Hi

when you upgraded esword did you also install the macros to go with the latest version of esword

DSaw

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#3 bookworm1711

bookworm1711

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:34 AM

Thank you, JPG, for quickly pointing me to the "e-Sword Extras" section here where I successfully downloaded and installed the "macros" for MSWord 2007, and they solved the problem instantly!

#4 bookworm1711

bookworm1711

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:36 AM

Thank you, DSaw, JPG helped me follow your good suggestion. I hope I will be able to start making my huge new work of cross references into a module soon. I've never made a module before, so this ought to be a real learning experience for me!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users