Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Migrating Bibles from iPad/iPhone to Mac?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Zach Thornbury

Zach Thornbury

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:47 PM

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to extract Bible versions from an iPad or iPhone to use with the Mac version e-Sword?

#2 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:34 PM

From what I understand, they are the SAME version. The same file. You simply need to use the file downloader internal to e-Sword to download the file. If it is a commercial file the same KEY you received when you purchased the module for your iPad or iPhone will work on the e-Sword X version.

If it is a mac version that has been, or can be downloaded from here (biblesupport.com) then you just need to download it with safari and copy it to the correct directory (sorry, I do not know that file path, but someone here will).

Edited by Roy, 15 February 2016 - 08:34 PM.

#3 Zach Thornbury

Zach Thornbury

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

Sorry it took so long to respond, I thought I was subscribed to this thread, but I guess not. 

What I mean is, I have a module on my ipad and iphone that is a custom module, so it's not found on here or in the downloader. What I'd like to do is figure out how to copy the file off of the ipad, so that I can put it on the Mac. 

Is this possible?

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:09 PM

Sorry it took so long to respond, I thought I was subscribed to this thread, but I guess not. 

What I mean is, I have a module on my ipad and iphone that is a custom module, so it's not found on here or in the downloader. What I'd like to do is figure out how to copy the file off of the ipad, so that I can put it on the Mac. 

Is this possible?

Irrespective of the which edition of e-Sword for iOS (e-Sword HT and LT) , those resources work on Macs; including the ones you create.

Here is a list of resources, both official and third party that work on iOS/Mac devices:

• Bible
  • Commentary
  • Devotional
  • Dictionary
  • Journal
  • Reading Plan
  • Reference Book
  • Study Note
  • Topic Note

If any of the above has an "i" at the end of the extension, e.g., bbli, topi, and etc, then irrespective of the Apple Device, they will work.

No Migration and/or conversion required.

And I repeat,  including the ones you have created.

Now, if you use any cloud service to where you store files, then any files you create and have stored at that cloud service, you can use on e-Sword for iOS and Macs, and from what I am aware, this includes MS One Drive.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 20 February 2016 - 08:13 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 Zach Thornbury

Zach Thornbury

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:17 PM

I think we're talking past each other a little bit here. 

I do not have the original file, except for the one currently ON my ipad. It's not stored in the cloud, it's not stored on my computer, it's just stored on my ipad. I'm trying to get it OFF of the ipad, so that I can transfer it to the Mac. I do have a PC too, so if that needs to be a middle man, then that's fine.

Again, the ONLY place that the file currently resides, is on my ipad, so I need a way to copy it off of there. 

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:08 PM

I think we're talking past each other a little bit here. 

I do not have the original file, except for the one currently ON my ipad. It's not stored in the cloud, it's not stored on my computer, it's just stored on my ipad. I'm trying to get it OFF of the ipad, so that I can transfer it to the Mac. I do have a PC too, so if that needs to be a middle man, then that's fine.

Again, the ONLY place that the file currently resides, is on my ipad, so I need a way to copy it off of there. 

Hi Zach,

Still that's not really difficult to do. If you have Wi-Fi connectability to your Modem/Router from your iPad, you "should" be able to copy that file onto and into a folder on the cloud, i.e DropBox, One Drive, or even Google Drive. Another option of transferring files between is syncing them via Bluetooth, and from there you "copy" your file onto your Mac from your iPad via Bluetooth (or even using direct Wi-Fi).

I am aware that using a USB Pen Drive is next to useless on iPads (and iPhones for that matter) due to you don't have a USB port on them. Moreover I am also aware that you can't connect your iPad to your Mac via USB and have your Mac read your iPad as an external storage. That only leaves you with doing it wirelessly or using the internet using the Cloud.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

P.S. A belated thought, and a recommended solution
If you are going to work on one Apple device, and wishing to share that project to your other Apple devices, then you should store those files on the cloud.

Edited by APsit190, 22 February 2016 - 08:24 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 Zach Thornbury

Zach Thornbury

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:33 PM

I can't find the file to transfer it though. To get it on the ipad, I connected it to iTunes, and dropped the file into the appropriate section of the app (I'm sorry, I can't remember the exact terms, I don't have it available to look right now.) However, when going to that file browser in iTunes to get it off, it doesn't show it. It looks like e-Sword made it a part of it's default files or something. 

I don't know where to look in the iPad to get it off to transfer. If I did, then I'd easily be able to move it to the cloud or something like that. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users