Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

I have a Mac

3 replies to this topic

#1 billrcol

billrcol

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:13 AM

First my apologies if this topic was discussed already. I tried to search for it but obviously couldn't find anything to help me.

I have a MacBook and downloaded the bible by Jeff Benner. Can't open it. Not too technically savvy. Is this document only available to windows? Is there any way for me to view and study it?

Thanks in advance-

Bill

#2 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:43 PM

First my apologies if this topic was discussed already. I tried to search for it but obviously couldn't find anything to help me.

I have a MacBook and downloaded the bible by Jeff Benner. Can't open it. Not too technically savvy. Is this document only available to windows? Is there any way for me to view and study it?

Thanks in advance-

Bill

First, you need e-Sword X for the MAC. You can find out more about it here:

http://www.e-sword.net/mac/

When you get ready to download e-Sword for Mac, go here:

https://itunes.apple...d968437868?mt=8

There is a small fee for it - $4.99 if I remember right. It will come with several modules, and additional modules for it can be downloaded from within e-Sword and from here. You will need to download only modules compatible with e-Sword for MAC. I hope this helps.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#3 Amyvanb

Amyvanb

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:39 PM

I paid for and downloaded eSword-X  for Mac.  But how can I use that to download books which otherwise only will be opened by Windows.

Amy

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 14 February 2016 - 08:12 PM

I paid for and downloaded eSword-X  for Mac.  But how can I use that to download books which otherwise only will be opened by Windows.

Amy

Hi Amy,

If you have used e-Sword for Windows, you will notice there are many similarities between the two versions, and the one I want to focus on is the built in Download Manager. This tool is also part of e-Sword X, and the resources available there are purposely built for that edition of e-Sword.

The next way you can get a hold of resources for e-Sword X, is through the App store.. And finally, there are resources available here for e-Sword X

Now, just so you don't have to reinvent the proverbial wheel, if you have heaps of e-Sword for Windows third party resources, you can convert them using the e-Sword resource converter, which you can download from the e-Sword website. However, this program will only run on Windows, and however again, you can try to run this program using Crossover, and from there you can convert your third party resources.

I trust this information proves helpful to you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users