Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword & MySword Side by Side on my PC

6 replies to this topic

#1 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:21 PM

Remember this?

e-Sword on Tablet.jpg

Some time ago I shared about running e-Sword on my Droid tablet using TeamViewer, a remote PC connection program; of which caused a bit of a discussion on this forum.

Well, I've hit on another bit of technology, albeit it having been around for a while, of which (as you can see by the Topic Title), I am able to run MySword on my PC, and run it kinda sorta side by side with e-Sword. See Screenshots below.

MySword on Phone and e-Sword Side by Side

Attached File  e-Sword & MySword Side by Side - Phone.jpg   176.4K   40 downloads

MySword on Tablet and e-Sword Side by Side

Attached File  e-Sword & My Sword Side by Side - Tablet.jpg   190.93K   31 downloads

OK, the way I did this. The products I used are:

• Samsung Galaxy S5 Android phone
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 12.2" Pro

The software I used (which comes with these products, and are a part of Samsung's stable of tools for both phones and tablets) is Side Sync 3, and Side Sync for Windows PC.

Both Side Sync on the Droid device(s) and on the PC has to run simultaneous, and once connected via either by Wi-Fi or USB connection,  the Droid device runs on a type of emulator, where the device's hardware is being directly used. You can also interconnect Samsung's devices to one another - Phone to Tablet.

You can use your device on your PC normally as you would on the device itself. It is 100% functional. This means, i.e., the phone, you can still make phone calls, text, use Facebook, Twitter and etc., from your PC as you would normally do.

OK, going back to MySword and e-Sword, ummm, running together. For doing Bible study, I think that further enhances it

Now, when running either your phone or tablet on your PC, you are able to use your PC's mouse and Keyboard. Last night I tested MySword in the note editor, and it really worked well (see screenshot below).

Attached File  MySword on PC.jpg   129.53K   8 downloads

As to how well Side Sync will work on other Android tablets or phones, I don't know. I guess you can always try. However, there are other similar products on Google Play you can try, but I don't know how well these will work.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 08 February 2016 - 02:23 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#2 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:08 AM

I got a "Sorry, we couldn't find that!" returned on all three links. ???

#3 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:46 AM

Hi APsit190,

it looks like the png image files does not work, can you upload jpg or jpeg images 

thanks

Edited by patchworkid, 08 February 2016 - 08:47 AM.

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:30 PM

I got a "Sorry, we couldn't find that!" returned on all three links. ???

Hi APsit190,

it looks like the png image files does not work, can you upload jpg or jpeg images 

thanks

I've fixed it, and I hope its stays this way.

As to the reason for why it went like that is because it seems that somehow the images were removed from my attachments list. I checked in the Attachments page in My Media, and the uploaded files weren't there. Yesterday, when I did this post, all the images I uploaded for this post worked irrespective they were PNG.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:37 PM

As of 9.42am NZ DST 9th Feb., 2016, everything on the worked

As of 2.07pm NZ DST 9th Feb., 2016, all is well, and images are working

Edited by APsit190, 08 February 2016 - 07:01 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:08 PM

For iPhone Users, Samsung has put out an edition of SideSync for iOS. This will or should work with SideSync for PCs. That said, you will require Wi-Fi connection. USB cable connection will not work.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 11 February 2016 - 12:59 AM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:24 PM

For iPhone Users, Samsung has put out an edition of SideSync for iOS. This will or should work with SideSync for PCs. That said, you will require Wi-Fi connection. USB cable connection will not work.

Blessings,

A major correction on this.

It is for Mac OSX that SideSync is for and not for iOS devices. Sorry for the error, and I'm sorry that iOS users dips out on that.

That said, SideSync only supports Android Mobile devices, and in particular only those made by Samsung to run on OSX machines.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users