Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Simple Bible Reader not so Simple

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Montorom

Montorom

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:20 PM

When ever i use Simple Bible Reader to convert esword commentary to mysword it doesn't tool tip and it leaves out all line spacing. If I use Simple Bible Reader and convert esword commentary to theword, same results. From the word I can detect verses then convert to mysword. The module commentary is now tool tipped but still all line spacing is gone.

Example: 

Goes from.......

Jeremiah 18:2

Arise, and go down to the potter's house,.... Which, no doubt, was well known to the prophet; but where it was is not certain. Some think Jeremiah was in the temple, and this house was beneath it, and therefore he is bid to go down to it; but of this there is no certainty, nor even probability: it is most likely that this house was without the city, perhaps near the potter's field, Mat_27:10; and which lying low, he is ordered to go down to it: 

and there I will cause thee to hear my words; there the Lord would tell him what he had further to say to him, and what he should say to the people; and where by lively representations, by sensible objects before him, he would cause him to understand more clearly what he said and designed to do: as God sometimes represented things to the minds of the prophets in dreams and visions, setting before them mental objects, and raising in their minds ideas of things; so sometimes he represented things to them by real visible objects, and, by similes taken from thence, conveyed unto them a clear and distinct knowledge of his mind and will, and they to the people; which was the case here.

To.........

Jeremiah 18:2Arise, and go down to the potter's house,.... Which, no doubt, was well known to the prophet; but where it was is not certain. Some think Jeremiah was in the temple, and this house was beneath it, and therefore he is bid to go down to it; but of this there is no certainty, nor even probability: it is most likely that this house was without the city, perhaps near the potter's field, Mat_27:10; and which lying low, he is ordered to go down to it: and there I will cause thee to hear my words; there the Lord would tell him what he had further to say to him, and what he should say to the people; and where by lively representations, by sensible objects before him, he would cause him to understand more clearly what he said and designed to do: as God sometimes represented things to the minds of the prophets in dreams and visions, setting before them mental objects, and raising in their minds ideas of things; so sometimes he represented things to them by real visible objects, and, by similes taken from thence, conveyed unto them a clear and distinct knowledge of his mind and will, and they to the people; which was the case here.

If anyone can understand what I am saying my question is, How do I convert module using Simple Bible Reader and still retain line spacing or is this even possible?

Thank you

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:09 PM

If anyone can understand what I am saying my question is, How do I convert module using Simple Bible Reader and still retain line spacing or is this even possible?

Thank you

I would recommend that if the version of the Bible you are wanting for MySword is either:

• Available at the MySword website
  • Available on the MySword built-in Downloader
  • Available here on this website ...

that you download it from either of the above options.. It would really cut out your workload.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 26 January 2016 - 07:10 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:31 PM

Hi Montorom,

the Simple Simple Bible Reader only convert module file to plain text meaning that there is no tool tipping or any extra text added like bold, underline etc.

My Suggestion is to convert e-Sword module to The Word bible software, then to MySword, That way the tool tip will work

thanks

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#4 Montorom

Montorom

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:37 AM

Thank you guys very much, I have only been using Mysword for about a year now and all this is still kinda new to me. If it were not for you guys help there is no telling how much time I would waste going around in circles.

Again, Thank you so much for your ministry.

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:41 PM

Hi Montorom,

There is a fourth option which I forgot, and one that is pretty much straight forward.

If there is a third party e-Sword version of the Bible you would like for MySword, and one which is already available here, or on the MySword website and etc., your fourth option (going by what I've read on here) is to simply change the extension of the Bible file from, e.g., akjv.bblx to akjv.bbl.mybible. 

Now, when it comes to formatting, as to whether or not MySword keep them, I don't know, due to the fact the e-Sword uses rtf coding; as where MySword uses HTML coding.

So on that note, I trust this will be of help to you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 27 January 2016 - 01:41 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 grP

grP

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:47 PM

Just started using Simple Bible Reader and noticed your question.  Have you looked on the menu bar at the paragraph mark icon.  It will change the way the bible being exported looks.  Default seems to be verse by verse, whereas one toggle changes it to paragraph.  Haven't tried it on commentaries yet, but it may be worth a look to see if it works for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users