Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

E-Sword for Android

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 johanseb

johanseb

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 05:01 PM

Pleasa, a question: modules I have bought in eStury Source can be used in android? Must one buy them again in android? Is it easy to use them? Thanks for your answer!

blessings 

#32 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 05:04 PM

https://www.e-sword....android/faq.htm

Frequently Asked Questions

HOW DO I INSTALL THE E-SWORD PREMIUM MODULE I PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED?

All you need to install your e-Sword module is to enter your Email address and "Product Key" you received when you purchased the module for use with e-Sword. If you do not have that information, just tap on the "Recover Product Key" button on the popover that prompts for this information.

DO I NEED TO BE "ONLINE" TO USE E-SWORD?

No. E-Sword is an "offline" app. An Internet connection is only needed for downloading the app itself, and any additional modules you wish to install.

WILL E-SWORD WORK ON ANY ANDROID DEVICE?

No. Only devices running at least Android 7.0 Nougat (which became available in 2016.)

#33 johanseb

johanseb

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 05:35 PM

Dear JPG, many thanks for your answer. I'll give it a try! 

Blessings!

#34 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 24 January 2022 - 11:59 PM

Premium items in the e-Sword "Download" options. This screen is titled "e-Sword Module Downloader".

To view the Information about a resource which you want to download, again, use the e-Sword option "Download", then move the pointer over the item to the "Info" column, and tap the left-click. There you will see an advert for the Premium entry, which needs to be purchased.

To re-load an item previously purchased, onto your current device, use the template provided by e-Sword. Use the e-Sword option "Download", then move the pointer over the item to the "Title" column, and tap the left-click. In the appropriate text box, enter the original Email Address which you initially used, and the Product Key which was supplied to you, and left-click with the pointer on the button "Validate". To retrieve these details from eStudySource, again, use the "Recover Product Key" option.

To purchase an item from eStudySource. Use the e-Sword option "Download", then move the pointer over the item to the "Title" column, then left-click with the pointer on the button "Purchase From eStudySource". This provides a working link to the website. Follow the instructions, which they provide. 

#35 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 03:38 AM

Premium items in the e-Sword "Download" options. This screen is titled "e-Sword Module Downloader".

To view the Information about a resource which you want to download, again, use the e-Sword option "Download", then move the pointer over the item to the "Info" column, and tap the left-click. There you will see an advert for the Premium entry, which needs to be purchased.

To re-load an item previously purchased, onto your current device, use the template provided by e-Sword. Use the e-Sword option "Download", then move the pointer over the item to the "Title" column, and tap the left-click. In the appropriate text box, enter the original Email Address which you initially used, and the Product Key which was supplied to you, and left-click with the pointer on the button "Validate". To retrieve these details from eStudySource, again, use the "Recover Product Key" option.

To purchase an item from eStudySource. Use the e-Sword option "Download", then move the pointer over the item to the "Title" column, then left-click with the pointer on the button "Purchase From eStudySource". This provides a working link to the website. Follow the instructions, which they provide. 

Pleasa, a question: modules I have bought in eStury Source can be used in android? Must one buy them again in android? Is it easy to use them? Thanks for your answer!

blessings 

Olaf, the question asked related to e-Sword for Android. I gave the official help reference, which sufficed. There is no need to post about e-Sword for PC. 

#36 aletheia

aletheia

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 12:42 PM

How can I install the programs that I downloaded from here, such as Calvin's commentaries or John Trapp's commentaries on Android eSword?  I did download premium resources without any issues, I am curious about adding other non-premium resources from this site.

If you know how, please let me know. Thanks.

Edited by aletheia, 25 January 2022 - 01:20 PM.

#37 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 02:57 PM

Rick Meyers was yet to figure out file association so that simply clicking on a resource would install it. http://www.biblesupp...ge-3#entry42172

I suggest you connect your phone to a PC and have a look through the file system to see where other modules are stored and copy them to that location. Or it might just mean waiting until Rick figures out the file association.

#38 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 25 January 2022 - 04:35 PM

When it comes to purchasing premium resources via e-Sword 4 Android, there tends to be a slight issue. Not massive, huge, or anything like that. Just a slight problem. See Screenshot below.

Attached File  Not Small Screen Friendly.jpg   58.47K   21 downloads

Now, I reckon ya would need powerful binoculars or something like that to be able to see what one is doing.

It's just not small screen friendly  My suggested fix is that the website is redesigned for mobile devices. At the moment the way it is just totally sucks and is about as useful as hip-pockets on a t-shirt when trying to use it on a smart phone. For iPhone users, their problem would even be worse due to the screen even being smaller than mine (a Galaxy A51).

Anyway, I'll see what Uncle Rick has to say, and I'll post his thingy on here.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users