Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Holman Christian Standard Bible

HCSB

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hendo1986

hendo1986

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCrieff, Scotland.

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if the HCSB is available free on e-sword. I have it on the word(and it was free)so I assume it has no copyright?

Many thanks,

Tony.

#2 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

Hello Tony,

I just checked in the E sword downloader and the HCSB is a premium module in e sword. This Bible was free in Amazon kindle and theWord so I am not sure why it is a premium module in e sword.

However, there are also modules that are premium in theWord which are free in e sword like God's Word for the nations.

I do not know why publishers will allow free distribution for one software and not the other, but this appears to be the case. It probably has to do with changing policies of the copyright holders at the time the request was made.

Blessings,
Peter

#3 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

I am not sure why it is a premium module in e sword.

The story I got was that when Holcomb Press saw the number of times it was being downloaded, they decided that they wanted a royalty payment. It was far more popular than they expected

I do not know why publishers will allow free distribution for one software and not the other, but this appears to be the case.

As a general rule of thumb, publishers won't change licensing requirements in mid-stream. They do renegotiate licenses when they expire, and this is when the gratis/non-gratis status is made.

jonathon

#4 hendo1986

hendo1986

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCrieff, Scotland.

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

Thanks for that chaps.

I guess even if there was a way to convert the word files into bblx you would still need a password? Not a big deal, like I say, the word has it, it would have been nice to have on e-sword.

God bless,

Tony.

#5 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

see if this will help you with HCSB....for e-sword.....
Link to copyrighted material removed
......hurry it may not be there long !!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users