Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword Macros and Office 365

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cangle

cangle

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:21 AM

I recently got a new computer running windows 10.  I installed Office 365, e-Sword and the word macro set (2013).  Unfortunately, i show no macros in the Word Add-Ins tab.  Any suggestions?  

Thanks,

Corby

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:00 PM

I recently got a new computer running windows 10.  I installed Office 365, e-Sword and the word macro set (2013).  Unfortunately, i show no macros in the Word Add-Ins tab.  Any suggestions?  

Thanks,

Corby

Hi Corby,

Click here for an answer to why you may be experiencing your problem. Having said that, I think that Rick Meyers may have the best answer.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:31 AM

I have been using e-Sword,Windows 10, Office 365 with the 2013 macros (and Grammarly spell and Grammar checker) some time now, with no real problems.

Use Alt F8 from the document to see a list of macros that are installed.   If the e-Sword macros are listed, then look for row of icons (record, print, and a rectangle with two dots enclosed)  Select the rectangle and a drop-down menu appears with the icons for your macros appears.  The add ins tab also makes the macros available.

BTW, Office 365 has been upgraded to Office 2016, that might lead to a new set of macros.  The Office 365 designator is still valid, but, just as it was Office 365/2013, the latest version (free upgrade for 365 members) is 2016...the macros for 2013 still work.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users