Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

modules won't download

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:16 AM

What does "can't download it" mean? What steps do you take when you have tried to download?

#22 JM8

JM8

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

I click on 'view files you have downloaded' which brings mw to a list of the ones I downloaded- but when I click on any of them it brings me back to the download page for that item again. How do you open them? I downloaded the e-sword module installer first- everything seems to have installed--can anyone tell me what am I dong wrong?

#23 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

I click on 'view files you have downloaded' which brings mw to a list of the ones I downloaded- but when I click on any of them it brings me back to the download page for that item again. How do you open them? I downloaded the e-sword module installer first- everything seems to have installed--can anyone tell me what am I dong wrong?

If the files downloaded correctly they will be in your windows Downloads folder if they are and you have the module installer installed clicking the files in your windows download folder will start the installation process. You need to figure out where the files downloaded to on your PC

#24 Chaney1956

Chaney1956

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:14 AM

I CANT EVEN GET ESWORD TO DOWNLOAD ON MY TABLET,,,CAN ANYONE HELP??

#25 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:11 PM

I CANT EVEN GET ESWORD TO DOWNLOAD ON MY TABLET,,,CAN ANYONE HELP??

I think these videos will help you.

How to Know Where Your Downloads Go And Change Your Download Settings

Downloading Resources in e Sword and Getting Help

Click on the above links, and they will take to the actual video, and you can watch them. Feel free to download them for future reference.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

X (formerly Twitter)

#26 dragonslire

dragonslire

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 05:22 PM

Hello, Could this have deeper ramifications?  I have been an avid user for many years, Until I installed Windows 11.  Because of its built-in defense systems, I cannot Install the e-sword modules any longer.  Is there a way to get around this without loosing system defenses / integrity?   Any help would be appreciated.  Tj

#27 PeanutGallery

PeanutGallery

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 06:14 PM

Hello, Could this have deeper ramifications?  I have been an avid user for many years, Until I installed Windows 11.  Because of its built-in defense systems, I cannot Install the e-sword modules any longer.  Is there a way to get around this without loosing system defenses / integrity?   Any help would be appreciated.  Tj

Browsing I came across this; may help:

Check proxy settings:
1. Press "Windows + R", type "inetcpl.cpl", and click Ok.
2. Select the "Connections" tab and click on "LAN Settings";
3. Uncheck "Automatically detect settings";
4. Also, uncheck the option "Use a proxy server for your LAN...";
5. Click OK in both windows.
6. Close and open your browser and see if the site loads properly.

#28 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 18 June 2023 - 11:21 PM

Hello dragonslire,
What I do when the file to be downloaded ends in the file type (.exe), is as follows.
I use the "save as" option and add the following letters to the end of the filename. I add ".docx" so that the file looks like a word document file. Then it downloads okay.

Then, for ALL files that are downloaded from another computer, over the internet, browse to the folder in which the file was downloaded. What you now want to do is to browse to the file you just downloaded. With your pointer positioned over the file, Right Click, and from the selection of options, select the "Properties" option. You are now looking at the Properties of the downloaded file. You will see a warning has been added at the end of the contents of the Properties pop-up dialogue box. The information that has been added right at the bottom, is: "Security: This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer." You will see the word Unblock, and alongside this word is an empty check box. Move the pointer over this empty check box, and select the empty check box, with the normal method to select something, which is with the left click of the mouse button. If you are using a laptop, with a touch pad, there is an appropriate section of the mousepad that has the "left click" and "right click" areas. Tap the appropriate "left click" part of the touch pad while the pointer is over the empty check box. The check box should now change and show a tick mark inside it. This means you have selected the option to "Unblock" the entry. Now we want this selection change to be implemented.

Another thing that you will notice, is that the "Apply" button, which had previously been greyed out, is now made accessible. Move the pointer over the "Apply" button, and select that "Apply" button. When you do so, you will notice that the date and time when the file was accessed will update. Then select the "OK" button. Now you have removed the "block" option to the downloaded file. This will occur on every file that is downloaded.

Now return to the file with the ".exe.docx" at the end of the filename, and what we want to do is to use the option to change the name of the file. Do so by moving the pointer over the filename, so the filename is highlighted. Right Click. The Microsoft option provides me with an option to Rename. Select this option, and move to the rightmost end of the file name, and removing the added letters, carefully, ".docx" so that the file type is back to the letters ".exe". Then move the pointer out of the filename and click. There will be a system warning, about changing the file type, as follows: "Rename. [Security Warning icon] If you change a filename extension, the file might become unusable. Are you sure you want to change it?" There are two options [Yes] and [No]. You need to repond by informing the system security, "Yes", that you do actually want to change the file name, so move the pointer over the "Yes" button, and left click the mouse button.  

Now you can run the self-extracting "downloadedfilename.exe" file normally.

#29 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 18 June 2023 - 11:32 PM

A Hint to all who make an entry in the Bible Support Forum.
After you have submitted your entry, return to the screen where the submission is. Check your spelling, and edit again if necessary. Then browse UP the screen, right to the top, and select the "Follow this topic" option. Thereafter, whenever there is an added comment provided by a Bible Support member, you will be notified that the entry was updated. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users