Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

A G'day and a Question

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:29 PM

post a small sample of the source RTF file that can demonstrate the problem.

Also, do you have "old rtf code" set or unset under Modules?

#12 Stuart Graham

Stuart Graham

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:31 PM

post a small sample of the source RTF file that can demonstrate the problem.

Do you want a version of the actual RTF or just a copy/paste of some of the text here?

#13 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:32 PM

I prefer the RTF file, not a copy and paste, so as to know I'm working on the same data that is causing the problem.

#14 Stuart Graham

Stuart Graham

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:45 PM

No problems, here's the file saved straight out of TTTNT. I've cut it down to just Matthew chapter 1 and the header. In this chapter verse 24 is the one with the problem. All other verses display correctly.

Attached Files

#15 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:02 AM

To build this module you can use "save Bible (method 2) book chap:verse". You have no need to use the Greek fixup. Also set the #define font=GREEK

You should get the proper display now, and as a bonus you will be able to search it.

Jon

p.s

Also have you tried theWord Bible software? It is easy to make Bible modules as they are just plain UTF-8 files with one line per verse and no need to put any verse indication (full documentation is one the site also). Searching is excellent and you can also search without case and diacritics.

#16 Stuart Graham

Stuart Graham

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:26 AM

To build this module you can use "save Bible (method 2) book chap:verse". You have no need to use the Greek fixup. Also set the #define font=GREEK

You should get the proper display now, and as a bonus you will be able to search it.

Jon

p.s

Also have you tried theWord Bible software? It is easy to make Bible modules as they are just plain UTF-8 files with one line per verse and no need to put any verse indication (full documentation is one the site also). Searching is excellent and you can also search without case and diacritics.

Hi Jon,

That's the one I used, the documentation recommended it and it's how the document is laid out. I changed the font from "DEFAULT" to "GREEK" and exported it but there's no change there. I even went and copied 1:24 from the Uni Muenster transcription prototype and pasted it in but even that doesn't change anything.

Yes, I have used theWord, I have it installed now along with Accordance. Thanks to the poor exchange rate between the USD and AUD I can't afford Accordance modules, so that's one of the reasons why I thought to make my own and if I can get them working to give them away to help other people who may not be able to afford the premium software like Accordance and Bibleworks. Though I have to say, as nice as those two big commercial programmes are, I much prefer e-Sword and theWord and not just because they are free. I didn't know making theWord modules was that easy, I knew that you could convert e-Sword modules with their tool and that's the route I am going to try. I am perfectly happy to make any modules I succeed in creating free for both programmes.

#17 Stuart Graham

Stuart Graham

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:39 AM

My problem has been solved thanks to Jon, I was using the wrong export method. I read it as the second method under the Modules/Bible menu and not the one very clearly marked as (Method 2) as it was in the documentation.

I had my eyes checked and glasses updated earlier in the year and still can't see what's in front of me sometimes :D

Many thanks to Jon for the solution and everyone else for your assistance. I'll go back to making this module and release a first version for everyone once I've got at least the Gospels completed.

#18 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:20 AM

Thanks to Jon the Bug Finder.  I did not run the build last night due to the late time, and Jon has given the solution.  Thanks Jon. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users